Sign in to follow this  
Guest slurpiette

Fish Identification

Guest slurpiette

my dad recently got me a new fish from a pet store, but i have no idea what it is? i dont think its a goldfish, but it can survive in the same type of water as a goldfish.

its really small, about 2-3 cm, is not the same shape as a goldfish, very active and kind of has flurescent bits in him. does anyone know what type he might be?

Guest slurpiette

does anyone know any sites i can look at to try and identify it?

Hi and welcome :)

Is there any chance you can post a pic.It would be a lot of help to identify it :D

If it has flourescent colors it may be a neon tetra. Look up tropical fish on your search box, and then go into the sights that have these fish. If its not a neon tetra then see what they have photos of to see if your fish matches any you see.

Carrie

Edited by sushoomee

If you want to get us a picture, you can go to www.photobucket.com and upload your picture there, then add the link in your post....since your "koko" posts are under 200.

Could it be a feeder goldfish???? What color is it? Can you get a pic of it? OR it could be a Neon. Here is a pic does it look like this? (this is not my pic)

KOL8601.jpg

Edited by Kagome100

It's Neon tetra.It'll need water around 80 degrees farenhieght(sp).The gf might also not get along with the little guy.You should watch them and see if they get along :)