Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zyenthillias

Do Your Goldfish Play Games With Each Other?

Guest Zyenthillias

I just watched my three black goldfish play follow-the-leader all around the tank!! :lol1 And my black moores both like playing with the bubble-makers and the filter current...do yours like to play games?

Yup,they play follow the leader.My fantail goes on the airstone alot ^_^

So cute.Sometimes they chase each other.

Guest Zyenthillias

Heehee! Yeah...My two Ryukins looooove each other! It's adorable! They always follow each other around (though sometimes Sparky has to put his nose where he shouldn't be *scold scold*), rub each other, and every now and then "kiss". That's just what it looks like, and it's not malicious or harmful at all. Last time it was to the cheek, too, so I'd say that's :heart !! :D

My fish absolutely love playing together. My two fantails will follow each other all over the tank, and when one will go and sit at the bottom to rest, usually the other is right by her side. SOOO cute. They also chase each other around, give kisses to each other (at least looks like it). My much smaller oranda doesnt play along in most of the games, but every once in awhile ill see her trying to join in. Sometimes I wonder what they would do without each other.

My guys like to go up into the filter outflow and root around. I think they suspiscion that there is some hidden goodies up there. Going through my fish room is like going on the log ride at six flags, when you walk through, you get splashed as they think it's feeding time.

Zyenthillias, it sounds like your babies are boy and girl, for all the, they shouldn't be doing that, and touching. LOL. You give it more time and here in a month or two you need to watch for eggs in the early morning. You just might have you a batch of juniors.

Carrie

My common and shubunkins have a bubble wall in their tank. They love to swim down through the bubbles and then let the bubbles propel them up really fast. The shubunkins chase each other around. It's so cute to watch!!

my lionhead and ranchu play together they most. they play chase, and "peek-a-boo" around their dragon statue :)

my commons love to play to, but sharky mostly watches and minerva tries, but she's just to slow! lol

My fish usually dont, but going into my room (where I keep the fish) you will feel 14 little pairs eyes watching you all the time. It makes me feel protected, I usually go up there in a storm or when I'm scared. I've given up the radio while I sleep, there are the fish picking around in the gravel, the bubbles from the sponged filter, and the hum of the other two filters, and the occasionaly squeak from my clown loach. I love my room! :heart

Sometimes my fish will play tag or see how many times we can unearth the plants before Ryan screams at us, but its all good.

oh, yes my guys play follow the leader and in the bubbles....its soo cute to watch!

My Black Moor, Othello (though his nickname is Bubbles) spends 90% of his time facing the back of the tank eating bubbles from the bubble wall. If he's not doing that, then he's swimming vertically downward, using the bubble wall as a treadmill.

The Calico Ryukin in the tank follows him around, though I am a bit concerned because I'm finding what looks like fish-mouth-sized flecks missing from his black coating, so the silver scales show underneath. Should I isolate Othello or the Ryukin (there are 4 fish total in the tank, also a blue Oranda & a red Ryukin, though those two are fairly oblivious), or is this just a territorial tiff that will resolve itself on its own?

(Othello usually putters along at his own pace, with the exception of when he is getting pursued by a barreling round Ryukin. :krazy: )

Guest Esareh

mine play all the time, they play with me too. follow the finger and m personal favorite the special food dance now game.