Sign in to follow this  
lcwinne

I Was Just Wondering...

There is a local fish store that I go to pretty frequently. The lady owner just starts giggling everytime she sees me come in...either by myself or with my husband and son..... Not that I always buy something, but she knows that a lot of times I have to use real restraint not to buy another gold fish :D

Does anyone else feel a little embarrased that your fish store owners know you immediatlely when you walk in the door? Or is it just the shyness in me? :)

I go to fishman aquarium store. But they don't recognize me. :)

Our's definately knows me, ........ straight away he say's .... oh you'll have ANOTHER question for me then?????? :lol:

When i get my notepad out he REALLY looks worried! :rofl (big list of questions!)

LOL, I think at least one LFS employee from each store I go to recognizes me. There is this one girl at vvvv who recognizes me and my son everytime we come in. I didnt think she did, until one day she goes oh i like your hair much shorter then when it was long, and oh yeah, wow, he gets bigger and bigger everytime I see you. At first it was alittle creepy, because I dont acctually go in there that often (maybe every couple of months). Also, at mmm, which i stop at often because I love their plants, two of the guys recognize me.... alittle embarressing sometimes... kinda makes you wonder if you go in there alot more then you think you do.

Guest VxShady

Everybody at the vvvv I go to knows me. I go there most often, cause its somewhat closer. But I think the mmm has a better selection so I end up going there when I can't find what I need at the vvvv. The mmm I go to for my supplies has bad looking fish though. Always sick.

i got 2 really local i got to a lot and about 3 bit further a field..... one of them (where i got all my stuff), they totally know me... i went to get some pond plants and the guy shouted to lady who served me "it'll be a lot of plants!!! it was a lot of liner!!"

which made me laugh...

When I go to the Boutique the man that works in there says, "oh its the goldfish lady." How he remembers I dont really know. I've been waited on so many times by other people but this one person right from the first buy seems to know me, and I have to say that my shy self feels a little odd being stereo-typed as the "goldfish lady". LOL I love it though, really because actually he couldn't be more right.

Carrie

This is a family owned lfs. Even her sons smile when they see me. The younger one will usually tell me..."Just come and get me when you need something. I know you'll be a while, since you study the tanks before you decide." :lol:

When I first started to go there, the lady owner seemed very stand-offish and not real friendly. Which could be why I am so selfconscience when I go there. I actually told her once...I bet you just think "Oh here she comes again when you see me" After that she just giggles every time I walk in :teehee

But they do have some of the healthiest fish and aquatic plants.

My son just loves their indoor koi pond....geess, their koi must be a good 12-24" if not bigger!!!

Thats funny lcwinne, the store I go to was stand offish at first too, and mine also has the indoor koi pond. It's so great. I guess they figure most people arent into the fish like they are. It would be hard to work in a place like that because when I first started going there, they thought I constantly bought fish to replace fish that had died. They acted sort of weird about it, then I told them that I do rescue for comets and commons and they had a different outlook. I think they thought I killed my animals frequently or something at first. Now they just know that I keep hundreds. I still am self conscious though because sometimes I feel like they think I'm weird for wanting feeders as pets. The man that owns the store told me, "Well the bass have to eat them", after I said to him that, I sure hate that they are regarded as food. Talk about making a person feel odd. I wasn't being insulting, but I was just saying it because I happen to love them. Then he charged me a dollar for each feeder because of my comment instead of 15 cents, as though my opinion changed their value. I have never had anyone do that. I wanted to be mad, but then I figured he wouldn't own a fish store if he didn't have a love of fish. I still love the store and the people that work there but sometimes the world moves in very odd ways.

Carrie

Edited by sushoomee

A friend of mine from school works at my LFS, and almost every time my boyfriend and I go in, he's working. So yeah, I am recognized. :lol: We always wait around for him to wait on us and I tell him all about goldfish care (he's a tropical fish guy).

Guest calico4

I go to prefered pets and mmm. I have 2 fish from mmm and 3 from prefered pets. :)

-calico