120 Gal

Aftran

Well Aftran, remember that there is also filtration too, that will cost over $50. I have been looking at tank prices lately too. vvvv doesn't carry anything much bigger then a 55Gal. Guess I will have to go to a small LFS.

If you want a nice wooden stand, with 120 Gal tank, and light.... I have seen prices varying from $400 to $600 but if you include filter, heater, and gravel that will raise the price about $150 bucks at least... depending on what you get. I would suggest getting the basics from a LFS and then getting the smaller equipment from Big Als so you can save a few bucks. Of course, that is with one local pet store... you could find other deals.

Goodluck!

There was a 120 or 135 (can't remember) at superpet. I remeber thinking it was really pretty cheap, I can't remember if it was 200+ or $300 and something. That didn't include the stand though. And this was Canadian prices.............

Sometimes I see 100+ gallons in the triads (classified ad paper) and you can get one with everything for 300-600$. Some are almost brand spankin new. And most of them have nice oak stands ;o)

Jessica

Thanks Obsidian, I thought about that last night after I posted this. I always have gravel and am expecting to buy some driftwood and artificial plants along with the collection of more river rocks from my secret place ( :happydance ). I figure that'll be about $120. I esatimated about $600 for tank and stand, and then about $100 for a canister filter. Overall about $850-$900. Hopefully I can find it all cheaper.

And JessicaandMarshall, I look in my classifieds quite frequently, and there is never anything in there for fish stuff.

vvvv doesn't carry anything much bigger then a 55Gal.  Guess I will have to go to a small LFS.

i've seen sevral 135 gal and 220 gal at the vvvv that i go to, it must just be whatever they happen to get in...

Archived