Filter Set Up In My 110

asc.rudeboy

i asked before on here wich way to go about filters an taking the advice im going with the 10xgph. so with that i need to have atleast 1000gph moving.

this is what im thinking....

(1) AQUACLEAR 500 external (500GPH) = 36.00$

(1) PENGUIN BIO WHEEL external (330gph) = 20.00$

(1) fluval 4 plus internal filter (260gph) = 35.00$

1090gph = 90.00$

i could go with the fuval 3 1015gph = 80.00$

185gph=25.00

the way i see it i could vary the length of the external filters for top,, midle an the submersable will give me bottom filtration,

would this be a god set up or over kill, will i make to much current in the water with the submersible an the 2 external filters,

im also gonna have a few bubble disks in the tank,iwant to keep it as clean as possible i plan on having large fish in the tank an i want to set it up right the first time,

also will this be to much current an water move ment for java moss,an fern. thanks guys for any imput.

it got jumbled when i poted, if i got the fluval 3 instead of the 4

fluval3 185gph =25.00

total would be 1015gph =80.00

an edit feature would be cool so no more double posts

There is an edit feature, I think you can only use it right after your post which you should have been able to do....

Anyway I was wondering to if you can have too much current or filtration. I have an underground filter with two powerheads, a big Whisper filter (can't remember the size) and two big bubble curtains in my 55 and it seems like a lot of movement going on. And there are tons of little bubbles everywhere.

Ok I just edited this to see where the button was - it is in the upper right hand corner of your post next to the quote button.

i have a qoute button but not an edit button......

what about too much current for the plants????

hahaha guess what showed up after i made this post ,,EDIT BUTTON hahahahaha

i guess thats y my mom calls me "her mentally chllenged son" :rofl

• 4 weeks later...

There can be too much filtration if the current is too high. If the fish have to keep swimming just to stay stationary, they are gonna get tired and stressed. A good sign of this is if they are all bunched up in one corner.

I'd say the filtration sounds good.........i'm not too familiar with internal filters but i always see people from the UK saying good things about Fluval internal filters so i think you have a good combo of filters there.

Archived