Tell Me How Stupid This Is

smack536

ok...I got this hairbrained idea when I was at Giant Eagle today....

I want to buy one of those humongo lobsters they sell as dinner...and keep it as a pet......

impossible??? stupid???? :rofl:rofl

I have thought about doing that too! I always feel so bad for them. I'm sure they need special care, and a bigger tank than what they sell them in. They just keep them in those tanks to sell, but to keep one as a pet you would probably

need a good size tank. I'm not sure. It is a good idea though, not stupid.

I once bought a turtle at a Asian Grocery store. They were selling them for soup. They were so sad, and in such bad living conditions. My husband bought one for me, and we released it in a pond that is full of turtles. I know he is happy there.

Sounds great! You probably don't want to keep them with fish, though, because I heard stories of lobsters reaching up their claws and raking fish along the stomach and killing them. Bizarre. :unsure: Anyways, it sounds like a great idea to me. Keep at it! B)

really?!?! you guys dont think im crazy?!?!? :o:lol:

I think i may start to do some research....

omg...the ones I saw were so big, my big fish wuld be appetizers...I'd definately need a big tank for it by itself....

ooh...im exicited now, but I dont have room...ill have to wait to get it tho..

I've thought of that too. What I was thinking about doing was finding a big old bathtub. Probably because I was staying at this farm-y place that had a lot of bathtubs laying around in the fields. Dunno why.

I've thought about it too, but then I threw the idea out when I (duh) remembered they were salt water......... I don't know Jack about salt water, but yeah, I always feel so bad for em too. :(

Archived