Sign in to follow this  
Guest greenhand

Fry

Guest greenhand

i have two fry left but when i woke up this morning my nmom said there is only one left... and i run to check it out... one fry is already dead... i just fed them this morning.... my remaining fry keeps on swimming up the tank and has a bleeding at his bottom part... what i should i do to save her? she is already 4 months.... :o

eek! sounds nasty. im not sure what you can do right now other than test the water. do you have any test kits? that could help us.

Guest greenhand

nope but i change the water and conditioned it then put some methylene blue then some salt...

maybe avoid the methylene blue for now. im not sure if its ok to use at the same time as salt. also, what salt are you using? one problem most of us have is that we over-mother our fish which can be more harm than good. hope they get better soon :)

Guest greenhand

thanx i already put some salts and it changed its behavior...

Good Luck with him :D I hope he gets better.

Guest greenhand

sorry... the last fry already died... :(

Wow, I am sorry to hear that, Greenhand....That was really fast too...

The bleeding you mentioned, was that bleeding from an injury, or did it look like he was bleeding from his anal area?

Guest greenhand

yes it is... im sad again coz my small long fin (color white with yellow in his upper fin)jumped out of the tank... and im too late to notice it... i was shocked!...

oh, thats horrid. thats one of the most shocking ways for an owner to discover a dead fish (speaking from experince here). my peach female betta recently jumped to her death and shrivelled into a little fishy crisp. :( such a shame. my only breeding female too. so we feel your pain, hun :hug things can only get better though :) and im a stong believer that everything happens for a reason. something good WILL eventually come out of it. good luck