Spixi Pics

Devs

:D Apple Snails are from th Ampullariidae family.In that family ,they are divided into several classes.These snails are from the Asolene group. They're called Apple Snail "Asolene Spixi's".Cool aren't they?

:D Apple Snails are from th Ampullariidae family.In that family ,they are divided into several classes.These snails are from the Asolene group. They're called Apple Snail  "Asolene Spixi's".Cool aren't they?

300203[/snapback]

Size ----The full size adults are in my hand in that one pic,so they're smaller than both Brig's & Cana's. Eating plants,they're more like Brigs than Cana's.They will nibble,but from what I read,they don't do massive injury to your plants.I have seen mine on veggies,and so far,they've left the plants alone. :rolleyes: js....From what I understand,the Spixi's are still pretty new to the States. I don't recall seeing them mentioned when I first began searching for apple snail info either. I think they're going to be one of my fav's! They're so pretty in person. :exactly

How neat! I've been semi working on the 20 gl, finally figured out just what I could put in it without messing with the water chemistry! Low level light plants mostly, but I have it in front of the window too, so some moderate to the back and I have a perfect place for White Clouds and Emporer Tetras.

since they are stream fish, the new p-200 should be fine, and they can all take ph up to 8, so I can still have snaily's in tank! Whoooohooooo! :D

Boy do I have eye strain and brain strain from researching plants & fish! :blink:

I love those snails!!!

I think one of my herimt crabs is living in a shell from a snail like that....

Oooh...Devs....give them a candle lit dinner...some romantic music....give them a litle encouragement...lay some eggs...give babies to smack..... :);)

:o OMG.......I just found Spixi Eggs!!!!!They couldn't lay them on a plant,they had to lay them on the aquarium glass! I'm sure that someone's going to eat them. :blink: I have three Breeder Nets all being used right now-baby cory's,baby brigs,and cory eggs in the third. Yikes...I gotta figure out what to do here!!! :lol: By the way,they are so cool looking! I took a pic,but it was kind of dark-hopefully they'll be there in the morning! :unsure:

Lucky! Hey, you should try to use a hairnet. That's what I did for my Brig clutches (ok.. I know it's different), I stuck them in a hairnet and ducktaped it to the side so they're sitting above the water. I dunno if it'll work for Spixi eggs though.

Hey, if they hatch, I'd love some. :)

Archived