Good Article

eather.hey

Heather that is a touching story. How true as well. I often do this, look for a problem when none is there.

How wonderful though that she could be with her fish before she passed. I am sure that husband is taking wonderful care of those fish to this day.

Guest Shadowcat

Heather great story. I have several family members that over mother everything from pets to childern. I totally understand.

:peeka

• Admin

This story is so true guys. This is one reason I always tell people not to try to adjust there Ph levels. goldfish can handle quite allot of difference in them.....

the only kind of illness that I think that needs help ASAP is dropsy but most of the time when that hits there is something in the tank that is causing this problem..... :(

Quite true...what a sad story though :( When I first had two goldies I didn't have any knowledge, just occasional (gasp) water changes, feeding and lots of attention. They lived long and happy I think...until I added more fish two years later. But only when I started being conscious of my fishes, I seem to have more problems & disasters :( Starting from the basics is important I guess. And let the fish's immune system deal with things if possible.

something similar to this happened to my mother when she was young and a new mother to my brother. she rarely took him out of the house or let him play outside until he was about two! she was sooo afraid of him getting sick. then all of a sudden my brother got illness after illness after taking him to daycare. when she exlpained to the doctor what she had done, he prescribed playing in mud for my brother! apparently, she had "mothered" him so much that his immune system was not working against illnesses anymore! crazy huh?

Guest VxShady

That is a good story. I have that problem. I have this section in my tank for my loaches, with white sand for them to burrow. I'm thinking of taking it out.. cause every time one of my goldfish goes playing in it I think they have ich. I get all jumpy and press my face against the glass to see if it comes off. <_<

I read that article and I totally agree. I often think that sometimes too much knowledge is worse than blissful ignorance. I enjoy my fish sooo much more now that I don't stand over their tank looking for something that needs to be fixed anymore. Thanks for bringing it to attention. Did you read about Mr. Fish while at goldfish connection? It is touching too.

my boyfriend accuses me of over mothering my fish all the time, i try to let them do what they want to do and if i'm going to treat them I always do the most minimal natural things i can before i start adding medications and such.

truely a touching story though.

That article simply echoes what dear Koko and Andrea have told me several times - relax and enjoy the fish. Let them live in their world with good care but trust that clean water and time fixes most problems. I repeat that to myself quite often. And it works.

Rocky had 5 fluffs of fungus on his head and mouth a day or so ago and as tempted as I was, I did nothing. I may yet touch it with a bit of hydrogen peroxide, but it is already 80%gone. It took many repetitions of that mantra - "leave it alone and watch it"......... but tit works.

:D

Archived