Sign in to follow this  
asc.rudeboy

Airline Hose Questions From

<_< does any one els have the problem of keeping their air lines in place,

ive tried the suction cups ,ive burried them in the gravel an ive hid them under ornaments, but 2 or 3 days later thell be moved,now there not floating to the top of the tank,but they look like i just droped them all WILLY NILLY.

i know its my fish moving them ive watched them do it.my oranda wich is about 5inch. an my ranchu wich is the same size will swim inbetween the lines an the tank forcing them selves wich pushes the suction cups off the wall,ive watched them dig the bubble wand out from under the gravel, an swim into the lines till it came out from under my ornament,

its funny in away but agravating because it looks like i dont care how my tank look,,,an of course i tell my friends whats happening an they give me that,have u taken your meds look, :blink::huh:

this is the other thing once the lines are just there in the middle of the tank they swim around them but never realy mess with them,

so can anyone explin this to me its not something new ive been fighting with my homies for about 9monts over there tank an how it should look,lol no i know how my mom felt when she wanted ,me to clean my room..

what's the best way to hide the airline to my bubble wall?

i've just got the tank looking amazing, like i dreamed, apart from the airline running down the middle at the back, what can i do about this?

i've seen the little clips with suckers on to keep it along the side, and i think they're probably the best option, but do they collect dirt and old food?

thanks for any suggestions...

The smallsuction cups with the clips that fit the airline hose are really great at holding the hose where you want it. But you will need to remember that the most common brand of suction cups sold at most stores are made from a plastic that de-plastisizes with exposure to water - they chnge from clear to white in color and no longer be flexible. When this happens, they will not hold the airline hoses very well or at all. They will need to be replaced. Mine need replacing about every 3-6 months.

thanks Daryl, i'll get a few of those.

then i can enter for tank of the month, can't wait, i love how it looks!

Edited by Golden Supanova

Has anyone tried siliconing the tubes in place? I have no idea if this would work and it would have to be done before filling the tank but could you, in theory, use aquarium sealant to run airline tubes up the corners of the tank? How long would it last before the tubing needed to be replaced?

Just an idea :)

Rachel

Actually, now that you mention it, there are some who have reported doing just that - with great success!!!

Thank you for bringing that up! :D

No good if you like to keep on rearanging things tho :)

Actually what if a slightly larger tube was fixed in the corners of the tank, then airline could be run down the middle of that but the length could be adjusted and the whole lot could be removed/replaced if necessary. That might be worth trying. Kinda like an aquarium cable tidy!

No good if you like to keep on rearanging things tho :)

Actually what if a slightly larger tube was fixed in the corners of the tank, then airline could be run down the middle of that but the length could be adjusted and the whole lot could be removed/replaced if necessary. That might be worth trying. Kinda like an aquarium cable tidy!

that sounds like a great idea!

in the meantime i'll get some of those little clips, but i'm going to look into setting this "airline tidy" idea up.

ill try the "CABLE TIDY" trick with my new tank i just find it rely odd that my fish care one way or another where there air lines are placed...but yea those are good ideas ..i do know i was gonna try glueing stones an placing a bubble disk i know that would be to heavy for them to move.