Sad Day At The

eather.hey

I had to move my hatchlings into a 20 gallon rubbermail because I had over 300 in a 5 gallon tank! :krazy: They were only hatchlings, so don't think they were in there crawling all over them selves or anything....

So I moved my 2 floating styrofoam lily pads into the rubbermaid as well. I came home from work yesterday and 1 of the lilies was tipped over and 5 brig clutches were in the water! My cat must have done it. Then I come home today and one of the clutches on the other lily hatched and everyone died before they made it into the water. There's over 80 dead brigs on the styrofoam. It was pretty dry, so I guess they dried out before they made it. The rubbermaid is super humid b/c I have the lid on, I don't know why it was so dry today. That hatching would have put me with over 400 snails, but I was really looking forward to more brigs hatching. I only have about 100 brigs out of the 300 total (200+ canas). I still have 2 clutches left that are coming along nice though...I'll try to remain positive.

:cry1 Oh man that sucks!!!! I have a clutch on the tank,that looks like half hatched,but it doesnt seem like any more are coming.One of my brig cluthes on the lily pad looks like it got too dry too.I saw little babies in it last nite,and today they were still in the same spot,so I'm thinking that they too didnt make it.Wonder why its enough humidity for some,and well other's..... :( I have 5 new brig clutches in the tank on the glass.I don't know what I should do with them.....I think one of the Blue brigs laid today,but I kind of squished the eggs a little trying to look at it so I don't know what will come of that one. {{{{Hugs for the babes that didn't make it}}}}You'll have LOTS MORE. :heart

Well, another clutch of brigs started to hatch last night...so that's positive. The infamous Chewbaca herself isn't doing so well though. She's been kinda squished in her shell for quite a few days. I set a bunch of spinach on a clip right next to her and she didn't even come out to eat it. When Chewy isn't eating, we've got issues.

Yes, Chewy has become very special to me...who would have thought you can grow to care so much for a snail! The hatchlings not making it was sad, but Chewy, I can't even go there. :cry1

Thanks for the hugs!

Guest 20292

Hey!! When you get the snails, would you like to sell or give them to us if we pay for shipping? I would be interested in some snails becuase i love snails!!!!!!!!

Dean

Archived