Fry Sitting At The Bottom

coyote ugly

1 of my fry is not doing well.everyday at feeding time they all come up to the surface for food and last night 1 was missing so I got worried :( I found him sitting at the bottom of the tank not interested in food.It was the same as of this morning.I saw little blood after he pooped...what could be causing this???

10 gallon tank with 4 gf frys and 3 panda corys

Temp 22*C

Ammonia 0

nitrite 0

nitrate 20

ph 7

water change 40% every 4 days

help please :(

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GASP!!!

You can't expect all the fry to live... :crp

sorry I'm not much help...

I know.....I've lost most of them :( But these frys are 4 months old so I really want to save them.Thanks Kameira :)

he still eats a bit but not as much as it used to and then he goes back down and sit at the bottom :( There's something wrong with it and I can't tell what.I just hope he makes it....

Cathy, can you get your hands on some medicated food, crush it up and feed it to him?

I am having a hard time looking for medicated food from where I am.At the time I am feeding them this.

Medi Super Gold

Flour

white fishmeal

dried soyabeans

cuttlefish meal

hematococcus

torula yeast

lactoferrin

astakisantine

SOD type enzymes

digestable enzymes

vitamins & minerals

I have done a 50% water change to see if he perks up but that didn't work either.Will it be okay to salt the tank 0.1% even if I have panda corys in there?

I don't think I can help much. When my shubunkie sat on the bottom I asked FishGeeks (I didn't know you then). They said constipation, give him peas. I started to feed peas and now he (or the others) never sits on the bottom.

How is the fry doing today?

He's still pretty much the same... :( I gave them all peas tonight.You may be right about him being constipated.His fins are not clamped so I hope it's nothing serious.Could it be stress from the water current?I used to have 2 whisper filters junior size in there and upgraded to a whisper 20 if I'm not mistaken.I hope he perks up soon.I'm going crazy worrying about them :(

The water current might bother him indeed. In the general discussion section is a thread started by Wyukin about the effects of water current on fish. Its pretty interesting to read. The title is "Is it possible?"

I would continue with the pea feedings, smushed up into small pieces. Salting can't hurt either, maybe you find and empty container for the cory's to be in for a while.

Our shubunkie didn't have clamped fins either. A couple of days with peas and he was as good as new.

I hope your fish will be up and swimming again soon.

Thanks Andrea :) I kinda thought it was the current that's stressing him so I put it to low.I think there is less current now.I will continue feeding them peas and salt the tank and see how it goes :D Thanks for your help

Our shubunkie didn't have clamped fins either. A couple of days with peas and he was as good as new.

I hope your fish will be up and swimming again soon.

Thanks for your support Anette :)

Help please :(

All of them are sitting at the bottom now...checked my water params and it hasn't changed a bit.I'm getting worried big time now :crp Do you think that they might have some internal infections or something?I feed them peas,pellets and flakes.I don't wanna lose them now.Any ideas?Thanks...

No I didn't :( Just regular water changes and cleaning...I hope they make it.I can't handle losing them after all these months.Thanks Anette

Archived