Goodbye My Fish

mailboxck

Sadly, I gave away 4 of my goldfish (i have 5 left). I gave away a fantail, an oranda and 2 pearscales. Reason, i was overstocked, waay overstocked. I posted the ad on one of our local fish forums and one forumer inquired about the adpotion notice. Well, i was a bit sad when he got to my house to pick up the fish. I really had to let them go for them to have a better life. He said that he has a 25gallon tank waiting for them and might be transfered to a bigger tank in the future. They'd be exposed to sunlight everyday outside the house which means, GREEN WATER! :D Goldfish will thrive in green water and i hope my goldies would grow big.

He was a really nice guy and I found out that he was a committee member of a fish club here which was great to know. He also told me that since he "ADOPTED" my fish, I can ask for them back in the future if i wanted. Really nice guy. He even contacted me this afternoon that to tell me that my fish are still ok, just a bit spooked coz of the journey home.

I do still have 5 goldfish left. 2 of which will be transfered to the now empty tank where my other goldfish used to live.

I will miss those goldfish. Luckily, i have around 50 fry from them that they gave me. I hope i can visit my fish in around 6 months to check how they're doing.

Thanks for all your comforting words. I do hope i get to see them in the future.

I also hope that with more space at home, my goldfish here will grow much quicker.

The only thing I regret is feeding my goldfish that I gave away some bloodworms or maybe a piece of fruit which is their favorite. :crp

That was a very unselfish thing you did. I know it made you sad though. I hope you can see them once in a while; it will make you feel better.

:) I'm in agreement with everyone else here. It was the best thing that you could do for your guys.And with 40 fry,it sounds like you really do have alot more work ahead of you. As for the bloodworms,and fruit,you can always pass that info on. :) You were very lucky to have found someone like you did-belonging to a fish club,etc. Your fish really have a greater chance of being huge happy goldfish,and that's a good thing.{{{{hugs}}}} You were very brave,and smart!

Archived