Quick Hiding Place

Guest learnermoorowner

Guest learnermoorowner

i have not had my tank all that long. recently i have stocked up with a range of fish. i have noticed my smaller fish hiding in corners + behind uplift filter tube. i want my tank to look more realistic so would rather have a better hiding place for the smaller fish. but, dont have much money any ideas?

Some real plants or silk plants are not too expensive. Some people have decorated with clay pots on their sides - the fish like to swim in them.

You can get quite creative - just make sure that whatever you add allows the water to circulate through it, so it does not stagnate and cause a pocket of unhealthy water.

I found some cheap flat rocks at the store and built a fort for my fishies. Used 3 rocks. 2 on each side and 1 on top of those 2. I closed off one end by piling the gravel higher at one end... OR I placed the rock structure close enough to the edge of the glass that it was protected.

Clay pots for sure too! Good idea guys.

My lfs sells oxygenating weed for 1 pound for 6 stems and its usually really long so if you plant it in a clump it would be a good hiding place, I used to get 2 lots before i bought far too many silk plants! The goldfish do eat it eventually but its still a cheep way to decorate the tank and suplement their diet.

I would be careful with piles of stones making sure they can't get knocked over or anything, i'd hate one oy your fish to get trapped :( (Happened to one of my dad's tropicals once, it was so sad)

Archived