Big Food

grain

I stopped at vvvv today, and I bought my goldies a new food as a treat. The food is much bigger than their normal food. My one fish is rather large, so it isn't a problem for him, but my shubunkin is still medium size, and the food is still in his mouth..he appears to be chewing it, but I'm nervous. Will food that is too big hurt him?

yes my calico anchu does that when i feed frozen food, she just grabs as much as she can, that she can even close her mouth, doesnt matter how much they have, the little buggers wont spit it out they just keep chomping until they swallow it. :D

I had a similar experience when I fed my gf frys live tubifex worms.1 of them gobbled up a couple of worms and I saw them coming out of his gills :blink: I thought he was choking :huh: I never fed them worms again!

I did soak it a bit first...but he is just a little piggie and had to suck up 2 at a time...next time though, i'll cut them in half or something first....and hopefully he won't be so greedy :lol:

Best is to feed them with mouth size bite to ensure that they do not get choked easily. I think gf will eat food that can fit into their mouth and shuold not get stuck easily. I have lots of frys and they will bite the pellets bit by bit until it can be "swallowed" as whole. I was freaked out when feeding them live worms once and the worms "crawled" from the gills when the fry was munching it but nothing happens after that.

Archived