Swimbladder

Guest Orandaz

Guest Orandaz

i used to feed my GF with floating-type pellets. since i knew that this can cause swimbladder problem, im feeding them with sinking-type pellets and flakes. i soak their food everytime before i feed them... so the food are all gone to the bottom of the tank... but you know GF are always hungry, they find food all the time... even when im not feeding, they swim to the surface and think that the bubbles are food... they eat and 'puke' the bubbles out...sometimes, i even saw the bubbles came out from their gills...

what i wanna ask is will this cause swimbladder problem to them even no food is there.

thanks.

No this action should not cause them problems. The air bubbles do not pass through the intestinal tract.

Most swim bladder problems come either from incorportated air in food that is swallowed (they do not swallow the bubbles) or from food not moving through the fish fast enough. Either the fish has eaten too much or the water is too cold or various other problems that cause the food to slow and stagnate in the gut - fermenting and releasing bubbles of gas the cause bloating and flipover. Other flipover problems can come from assorted infections or sensitivity to nitrates and such.

:)

Archived