Fresh Vegetables

Guest mimodok

Guest mimodok

Every now and then I'll leave a piece of kale (frozen) in the tank for them to eat. They don't seem to like it much. I've tried using tiny amounts of oranges and they'll eat it but they don't like it much either. I've also tried frozen peas, they like those.

I have two Orandas. I know they need to eat things other than flakes and pellets for certain vitamins. What sould I try? I've been thinking about boiling an egg for them...

Edited by mimodok

:D

KYskipjack said "salad shrimp" (the smaller shrimp that you would put on top of a salad)--not shrimp salad. I did the same thing--I read it as "shrimp salad" and was thinking that the dressing would be messy...

:rofl

I think that kale might have a bit of a bitter taste. Try a romaine lettuce leaf--some people run very hot water over it first to soften it a bit.

Or a chunk of steamed zuchinni. :)

Orange slices [cut from the fat part of the orange, not a wedge section] are very popular at Chez Fish Haute Cuisine here.

They don't mind the small tops of cooked broccoli, either.

Also popular, although rarely given due to floaty problems, is plankton [dried]. I've thrown some in their last batch of gel food [need to make another batch tomorrow] though, so that's a bit of extra protein for them, and who knows, maybe it makes the gel food taste better -- I refuse to find out for myself.