Overfed Or Not?

Guest Orandaz

Guest Orandaz

i have 13 goldfish( 2 big...) in a 3 ft tank.. :kickbutt

i think i overfeed them... ever GF comes to me, their stomachs will be round and big.. hehehe.... what i always worry is they are hungry, and always finding food, so i feed them a lot...

how much do they really need?

Goldfish will always eat any food they can, so it's not a good idea to keep feeding until they stop eating. You can try feeding a pinch of food at a time. At first they will greedily snap it up but eventually will be less enthusiastic. At this point, stop feeding! I hope that helped some. Post later to let us know how things turn out. :lol:

Guest Orandaz

i feed TetraBits and Pro's Choice Spirulina flakes.. i fed them until now my tank is so cloudy even im using powerhead filter.. rofl.... and ive always wanted my GF grow up fast.. hehehehehe....

Your tank is really full, so you don't want to overfeed. I would feed enough for them to eat in 2 minutes 2X a day. Goldies can act like they are starving all the time.

DON"T BELIEVE THEM! Feed less, and keep your water quality good, and they will be healthier.

Robin