How Long Will It Take ?

Kev

heya guys, i have a fully cycled 50 gal tank with a fluval 4plus filter in it. i recently cought a fluval external 304 filter and added this also, obviously with the internal filter still going because it holds the bacteria, my quetion is, how long will it take for my external filter to be colonised with good bacteria so i can completelly change the pads in the old filter ?

in the external filter i have foam, 3 sections of carbon and 3 sections of bio balls.

any help appreciated,

Kev

yeah i am koko, but im planning on changing the foam in the old filter once the new filter can handle it, obviously once i change the foam ill lose the bacteria from the old one, and need the new one to handle the ammonia and nitrates while the old one buils up again

• Admin

Well you can always take out some of the carbon out of the Fluval and place the foam into the Fluval, then get new foam for the older one this way all is well :)

cool nice one koko :) thanks will the carbon be ok to re use if i take it out after it has dried out again ? its only been in there for about 3 days lol

Kev

Archived