Friuts&veggies?

Guest chieftan_drill_teamer05

I knew you could feed goldfish peas and that it was good to vary the goldfishes food. What kind of different foods should I add to my six goldfishes diet. I normally feed them flakes and pellets, but that's it. What should I do to make my fishes happy and healthy? :)

Edited by chieftan_drill_teamer05

Ok, they might love blood worms but i wasn't keen tonight when i opened a packet of bloodworm gel and they were really long!!!! like 1", i'm ok with the died stuff but this was yucky!! The things we do for our goldies - i was trying to feed one of them from my fingers to make sure she got enough :blink:

Ok! :huh: Um, what kind of fruits if any do they like? And are the bloodworms, shrimp, etc expensive? I'm pretty new at the goldfish owner thing. I've had my fish for about a year now. I've just fed them the store-bought flakes. I want to make them healthy and happy, but I don't know how I should vary their diet.

You can feed them zucinni squash, green beans, brussel sprouts, peas, etc.. just cook it first. Make sure you take the shell off the peas. You can cut the vegetables in bite size pieces. I cut the zucinni squash in half moon pieces and drop it in the tank after its been cooked soft. It keeps my fish busy for a long time. It was suggested that corn was not a good choice because of the sugar and starch content. It was also suggested that kiwi was a good fruit choice because it has a lower sugar content and high in vitamin C.