Sign in to follow this  
ermidontknow

Amazon Sword Plants

i just recently bought 3 amazon sword plants for my 55 gal. tank to replace ones i used to have that died when brown algae grew on them. now theres not so much brown algae in my tank, and i even bought some "plant gro" iron supplement thing to put in with the plants, and it hasnt even been a week and the leaves are turning yellow and starting to die. :wall what can i do to keep these plants alive? i adore how they make the tank look and my goldies love to sleep in the plants but man i cant keep these plants alive for the life of me. any tips or suggestions of what to do would be sooo appreciated :)

i just have regular gravel for a substrate and the lighting *goes and looks* it doesnt say how many watts but its the bulbs sized for a 55 gallon tank like the long ones and theres 4 and they say "eclipse natural daylight" on them lol

4 bulbs the full length of the tank? or 2 sets that run half the length of the tank?

Swords are heavy root feeders, so sticking a fert tab under the roots would probably help.

Gravel should be alright, i've you fallow a rule like 3WPG then your plants

might grow better.