Will The Fin Come Back!

Guest hamstaman

Guest hamstaman

My Sarasa Fantail has one of his back fins gone except for the base. It still hasent grown, its been there for a month now. It still hasent grown fully, the water is fine, the ph, everything is fine in the tank. The Fantail has always had this since we got it. Right now its in a 10 gallon with a black moore and two snails. The fin in the back has grown a little. Should I put melafix? Will it hurt the black moore or the snails? Everything is fine, I just wanted to know if melafix would help speed up the fin's growth or will kill the bacteria in the water. The tank has a 10 gallon filter and an airpump.

Thank you.

If you see any growth at all then it will eventually grow back. It might not be in perfect shape and might get a kink or something. The melafix is okay as a tonic type additive.

It will grow back about 90 percent of it, from my own experience. When my fantail had the boil, it was not moving and on the bottom. And over the night, fish nipped his whole, and i mean the whole fin on the bottom away. Now, it is about 95 percent there. And melafix really works.

Archived