10 Tiny Baby Bettas...

Ranchugirl

My stepson, who seems to have a much luckier hand on betta breeding, brought me a handful of his 2 week old fry, and they are just as cute as buttons! All you see is a clear little thing,not bigger than 2 mm, 2 black eyes on it, and a full belly!

Its too funny!

And after my first try on fry ended with the babies dying for some reason, 2 of my bettas have laid eggs again, and I keep a very close eye on them this time! Hopefully it works! :happydance

Guest crystalizedgoldfish

I am breeding a pair right now! They are wonderful! Take good care of them! Make sure the temprature is 80 degrees!!

Those little buggers started to swim around after just 2 days, and poor daddy has his hands full to put them back in the nest! He turns around, and they are off again!

I tried to take a picture, but it didnt came out too good. They are just too small! :)

I will take out the male tomorrow. A few are pretty good swimmers, but about half of the bunch are still head standing, so I will wait until tomorrow and see.

I have that liquid stuff that you can buy for egg bearer fry, but also freshly hatched brine shrimp, as well as tiny microworms. That should get them off to a good start.... :ymmu:unsure:

Archived