Cana Or Brig?

Black oranda

I got a new snail yesterday, it's light brown with dark brown stripes

and is big like a golf ball.I put Freya( the snail) into the tropical planted

tank with my brig Elmer. Freya started to eat some java fern... so i took her

out... Now im not sure if shes a cana or a brig....

She likes being hold, and all my brigs that i had hated being hold... so that also

makes me think that shes a cana....

Any ideas?

Between the whorls in her spiral, are there deep indents, or do they stick out more? Does she have any spots?

If she's really light brown with medium brown stripes, just from that she could be a Brig, I'm thinking a chestnut one (my favorites!) However, baby Canas especially have spots. I'm taking Missy's pics here, I hope she doesn't mind. These guys are for sale by the way. :)

apedit3babycanastiny.jpg

It could be that (if she's a Brig) she was starved before you got her, which is why she went for the plants. That goes for any type of snail, but if you provide her with other foods and she still munches, it may rule out the chance that she's a Brig.

On the social issue, some of my Brigs like being held more than others. It's a personality thing, it's not always a characteristic of a species.

I don't think so. Even though the angle and glass is a little sketchy, the width of the front part of the shell is great enough that it rules out the possibility of being a Ram. And you can tell that the spire sticks out, instead of curving into the main body of the shell (if that makes any sense).

Archived