Got My New Snails From Heather!

toothless

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there, Smack! I haven't had a chance to meet you yet! Welcome to Koko's :D Of course you can have some Chewy babies. I was just getting ready to take some to Elmer's Aquarium (they're buying them from me). You don't have to pay me for them. I give them away to Koko's members.

PM me or email me and we'll set something up. Maybe one weekend we can meet at a LFS, what part of the 'burg are you from?

Oh, email is eatherhey@yahoo.com

oooooo...thank you thank you!!!!! *squeals with delight* :thanks

well....Im in baldwin/carrick...Elmers is kind of a trek for me.....I dont drive far from home!!!

Im sure something can work out!! Ill go out of my way for these little(I hope!) guys!

my email is mentalwasteland536@juno.com

thanks!! :D:happydance:happydance

Elmer's is a hike for me too. I live on the Northside, about 1/2 way between Oliver and Perry Highschools, near Riverview Park. We'll figure something out. How many babies were you interested in? I've got about 30-40 that are pea sized and over...leaning more tword the 'over.' So you're welcome to as many as you would like. Elmer's is only giving me a quarter a piece for them, so it's really no loss to me. I was just trying to make some room for the 100 or so hatchlings that I have now...and since I can't really ship them now (weather!), I was gonna sell some to Elmer's.

Ok, I'm tired and rambling on...we'll talk later :zz;)

I was thinking maybe 3 or 4 babies? if you can spare them??

Im thinking northside is near the pittsburgh zoo??? am I correct?? I could probably venture there, not sure quite when though.

:)

I was thinking maybe 3 or 4 babies?  if you can spare them?? 

Im thinking northside is near the pittsburgh zoo???  am I correct??  I could probably venture there, not sure quite when though.

:)

NorthSide is nowhere near the zoo. It's near the stadiums.We live about 10 minutes or so by car from there.

ooooooh.....

I have never been to either stadium, sadly. I dont even have any idea where theyre at.....

If you coudl give directions from station square?? Thats the farthest into town Ive ever gone!

:blink: Boy have you been sheltered! Station Square,huh? You can see the Stadiums from there I'm sure,all you have to do is cross a bridge.Heather can talk to you about details.It really shouldn't be a problem.

Oh, Heather...That would be wonderful!!!

mmm and vvvv out @ centrury 3 arent that bad.....

most of my guys came from there!!!

I can make it out there pretty much anytime, its only abouta 25 min from me :)

Heh, I didn't even realize that you guys were still playin around on this thread! :D

Here's a few pics of my cannas now that theyve doubled (at least) in size since the first pic. The first pic here is of the canna from the first pic. He started out at about an inch wide and is now 2 full inches!

slick.jpg

In this next pic, you see both of my cannas. The one in the background is the one from the pic above and the smaller one is in the foreground wondering why theres no cucumber or lettuce on his clip.... :lol: What pigs these things are!!!!!

slicknslicker.jpg

And just for conveinience, here's the pic from my first post in the thread. Keep in mind it has been exactly one month since I recieved them from Heather!

purplebrig.jpg

Heather, I really must thank you again! These guys are just wonderful and I really enjoy watching them. :wub Hey, I even took Slick (the largest canna) out today and let him slime around on my hand for a but! Really neat! :lol:

Paul

:lol: You think the Canna's are cool...you should see the Brig's!!!! The color's are awesome although they don't have the personality if the Cana's that's for sure! Chomps is needing a Horse Trough(sp?) to fit the food he can take in...I put a whole sheet of seaweed in there today,andhe took the edge into his mouth,& by the time I blinked,there was this Huge big circle of where he devoured it! :blink: Hey Paul....Our Brig eggs have begun hatching!!!!! :yeah: And there's lots more Chewy babies..... :yeah: I am so into them that I joined the AppleSnail Forum.You wanna see some big snails!!!!OMG.....

Oh I know, Ive been looking at pics over there lately. I can't wait for mine to get that big!

And guess what, someones been eating my silk plants! :rolleyes: Could it be chewies babies???

My brigs have been growing rather slowly compared to the cannas but I think theyre are much more vibrant looking than the cannas.

Good luck with your clutch, Sharon. I'm looking forward to them being big enough for pics.......

Your canas are beautiful Toothless :heart I'm very jealous ;)

Why are canas more tame than briggs in general? :huh:

My briggs Hubba & Judas are quite tame. They let me hand feed them and dont hide in their shell when I pick them up, but they dont slide around my hand or anything, like I have seen some canas do in photos.

:D All but my really small Brigs are pretty tame.I think for Brigs.alot has to do with how often they're handled. Most of mine will just come right out & say hello!DSCF2161.jpg

Archived