Got My New Snails From Heather!

toothless

I am just enthralled with my new snails! Heather sent me a couple gold canas and two brigs (1 purple and 1 green). Below is a pic of the purple while one of the canas are in the background on the uptake tube. And yes, those are plants in that tank with the canas. I figure that if they are tough enough to eat the anubia I have in there, more power to 'em! :D

purplebrig.jpg

Sorry this is the only pic. I spent so long staring at them all afternoon that when I finally went to take pics, the light timer went off! :rolleyes::lol:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol: Hey Toothy Congrats on your new snails,*as I run downstairs to take a pic of the once beautiful Anubia ,now with three chew marks in it!* :o:rofl Okay,Heather has Chewy,I have Chomps,what are you going to call yours? Hoover & Kirby?????????? :tomuch: hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!A planted tank huh,yeah right!!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhaaha!!!

Hey, maybe these guys will be well behaved and not eat your plants. My snail tank has 40 odd golden canas with 5 moss balls! They've left the moss balls alone, you never know.

Devs, your giving my snails a bad name. I have about 300 eggs and about 60 live snails that I'd like to give away...no one's gonna take them with that reputation. :huh:

Hey, maybe these guys will be well behaved and not eat your plants.  My snail tank has 40 odd golden canas with 5 moss balls!  They've left the moss balls alone, you never know. 

Devs, your giving my snails a bad name.  I have about 300 eggs and about 60 live snails that I'd like to give away...no one's gonna take them with that reputation. 

:o:ignore:rofl Honey your Chewy has had a reputation long before this post came along! And anyway,alot of people that want them don't have planted tanks. The Chewy babies are the only ones that eat plants-noone getting Brigs has to worry.So Heather gave me the rest of the colors of the brigs she had....I now have Blue,Chestnut,Ivory,Green,Pink,Purple,and last night I bought a black Brig too...Did I mention that she "slipped" a second "Chewy Baby" into my tank?????? :rofl The little Chewies are quite adorable because when they're young not only is their body white so is their shell...Quite cute for now anyway.....lol

Hey Sharon,

That black brig you got, Is its body black and the shell white? Or is it black all the way around?

I just loooove these guys so far. They've already destroyed the little sword I was bringing back from the dead! and the anubia is untouched as of yet.

Hmmm....... names, huh? I'll have to ponder on that one.

Thank you soooo much Heather, I loooove these slimers! :lol:

Too cute! Good luck on the names, only about half of mine are named. :rolleyes:

A black Brig is also called a Wild Type, it can be black or brownish with black stripes. A black body with a white shell turns out to be blue.

:lol: I honestly have not seen the Brigs on any good plants.A piece of Anacheris that was yellow & dying-that was it. Now Chomps.....Well that's a different story! What an appetite he has! :lol: Paul,the Black Brig was completely black. I have to admit that I'm loving the Brigs so far. I'm actually thinking about ordering a couple that I don't have. :rolleyes: I shouldn't say this, but Chomps is too cute! He has an unbelievable speed when it comes to getting around the tank,and finishiing off food!

Guest Kameira

Oh no... the one in the background looks like Kirk... and you said it was a Cana... and they eat veggies which must mean... Kirk is a cana snail.

Great, that explains why we lost three plants in the last month. <_<

Congrats on the new snailies, anyhow! :D

OH no you got Chewy babies!!! I have heard chewy is as big as a house by now!! :P I am sure his babies will follow suit!!

Congrats though, I am sure you have quality snails there.

OH no you got Chewy babies!!!? I have heard chewy is as big as a house by now!!? :P ?  I am sure his babies will follow suit!!?

CHEWBACA IS A GIRL! :rofl SHE is not as a big as a house. SHE'S as big as a tennis ball. ;)

Maybe you can stick to Starwars names for the baby Chewy's. :listen:

You're welcome, Toothy. Any time! Let me know if you want a few more :krazy:

Heather,

I'll take a couple of baby Chewies! And if you have a blue brigg you want to find a home for, I'm interested there also.

Funny, I read over at Ap. Snail people finding colored Briggs at the lfs places and I've yet to ever actually see one in Salem! Gold & Black... plenty.

Will pay s&h & ??? Let me know

OH no you got Chewy babies!!!? I have heard chewy is as big as a house by now!!? ? I am sure his babies will follow suit!!?

CHEWBACA IS A GIRL! SHE is not as a big as a house. SHE'S as big as a tennis ball. ;)

Maybe you can stick to Starwars names for the baby Chewy's. :listen:

You're welcome, Toothy. Any time! Let me know if you want a few more :krazy:

What,No Gomez or Uncle Fester????????Lurch would feel right at home! :heart:rofl

Heather,

I'll take a couple of baby Chewies! And if you have a blue brigg you want to find a home for, I'm interested there also.

Funny, I read over at Ap. Snail people finding colored Briggs at the lfs places and I've yet to ever actually see one in Salem!  Gold & Black... plenty.

Will pay s&h & ???  Let me know

You can have as many Chewy babies as you would like!!! We'll have to wait for spring and warmer weather though. Contact me in the spring and we can set it up.

We had a warm spell last week (in the high 60's) so I was able to ship them to Florida. It's now 7 degrees! If I can get the briggs to mate (when they're older), I'll save a blue one for ya!

Not aonly are these guys cool, but I can actually see them growing frm day to day! My largest cana has already added 1/4 inch to its shell in just the few days i've had them! WOW! :blink:

Aaaaand The anubia doesn't seem to stand a chance against the canas! And I can see where the briggs have been eating the dead tissue on the plants as well!

Too cool, Heather! I loooove 'em too death! :heart

Heather my apologies to Chewy, I am sure she'll forgive me, I lost my head. ;)

As big as a tennis ball huh? Man soon you will need to upgrade your tank just to please her!!

Before too long there won't be a tank to hold her...Heather's gonna have to buy a kiddie pool and keep her in the livingroom and feed her table scraps. Chewy reminds me of the plant in "Little Shop of Horrors". FEED ME SEEEEEMORE!

Chewy, what about "Yoda" for a snail name? I think it'd be cute. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived