Eggs?

Whirlwind

Hi I'm new here.

Well,One of my fish keep chasing this other fish around.I found out they were mating :) Well,I havn't seen them do it for a while,maybe I just arent there at the right time,and I was wondering when they would release eggs?? :unsure:

When mine were breeding they released their eggs in the morning.After I turn on the light,they begin spawning and after a while they'd be eggs all over.They don't usually release them once so it may take hours or even days before eggs are all out :D This is just me speaking from my own experience :)

The reason why they might not want to release the eggs is because they don't have anywhere to place em. That happend to me before and when i placed a new plastic plant in their tank, the female immediately released her eggs the day after.

I wouldn't worry about it Whirlwind. As long as she seems healthy I'm sure she will drop them when she gets ready. I notice my male chasing my female and bumping her underneath on many ocassions and she is not always ready to drop eggs. She will on her time.

I didn't even see any eggs the first time my fish were spawning! I just noticed they were chasing and a couple of days later I discovered tiny fry! :D

OldHag

I didn't notice eggs when my fish were spawning the first time too.I discovered frys like old hag said.Maybe you just missed the eggs.It's possible that your fish dropped eggs that you didn't see and chances are your fish ate them. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Archived