Sign in to follow this  
emmahj

Oh Jeez, The Nightmare Came True!

:o Good Lord Em!!!! I 've been wondering what you've been up too,but certainly hadn't thought it was going to be water! You have certainly been tested lately,that's for sure.Poor Splodge looks none the worse for wear though....Absolutely gorgeous! As a friend always tries to tell me,"It can only get better........Lots of hugs & kisses to you!!!!! Let's try and cut the drama for a while ,huh? Geez....................... :lol::heart:hug "Boo-Boo kisses" to Gareth!

Guest shannonc

That freaks me out, cause I've had a similiar nightmare!!

oh gosh that would be terrible! I'm glad your babies are alright though *gets all paranoid about her tank now* I would DIE if my tank cracked. That poor finger! Talk about a disaster...

I've had something like that happen, I used to cover my tank at night with a towel (long story) and one night the filter pushed water up into the towel and started leaking out, the towel was soaking it up and dripping it out. I woke up because I could hear splashing, when i got to my tank it was 1/3 full, luckly my filter doesnt go all the way to the bottom of the tank. My floor was nice and wet though.

Guest martinez14pr

emma - K is right 10 rum and cokes should do ! awful. just awful. about the dream premonition thing....i dreampt one night that i was saving my fish that continuously jumped out of the tank over and over and i would scoop them up and plop them back into the tank. (this was at a time when i never really handled any of my fish so i didn't really know how to do it) and that morning when i woke up, i went to feed my female bettas and one of the girls shot like a rocket out of the tank and onto the floor. since i had been dreaming of how to handle that situation all night long, i just easily scooped her up like i saw myself doing in the dream and put her in! ;) i think fish mentally communicate with us in our sleep!

or has a small stone caught under where the tank sits

I wonder if maybe you have figured it out there Daryl. :)

The tank wasn't on a stand, it was sitting right on the tiled floor of the conservatory. If a tiny bit of grit or something got under the tank then the weight of the water pressing down would probably cause stress in the glass and a crack to form. Possibly the same thing happened with the second tank too - it cracked just as we put it down in position on the floor. I have no idea about the one still in the shed though! Both of the 30 gallons were perfectly OK when I put them away in there. :hmm Maybe we have tank-vandalising squirrels......

I have put tanks on that floor before several times with no problems, but I guess I won't anymore. Holy learning curve Batman!

Both fish are still doing fine tonight though and the finger is healing well. :)

daryl did put up a very valid point.. any small pebbles or even surface will cause the tank to crack as time goes by..

that's why it is a good practise to rest tank over a layer of foam or at least an even layer of towel or at least news paper.. but will be safer to use foam if the tank is used for keeping fishes and towel/papers for storing..

how's the fishes coming along now?? hope Gareth is getting better too..

Mary, thx. :)

Im so sorry! OMG! Actually i did have a simalar experiance...

was givin a 55 gallon for my kids fred, sparkey, whitey and carnival.... well, about 2 months later, the i woke up in the middle of the night to the whoosh noise and a freaked out cat... ran in the dining room and found the bottom had completly broken out.. fish all over the floor... So i tossed then in my 10 gallon (only one i had) and the cat knocks it off the table... again fish everywhere.... lost carnival.... Whitey had a stroke and swam sideways the rest of his life.... fred and sparkey were ok... had to spend a while in tubs... turns out the tank was a terrarium.... @_@ did replace the bottom and kept them in there for they rest of their shortened lives...

But yours was WAY worse!!! 3 tanks?!?!?! sheesh... anda sliced finger! get some butterfly bandages... they may hold it closed better? sending you better luck!

glad it's getting better emma! you gonna splash out on any new tanks now???

Holy learning curve Batman! :tomuch: batman!!!

eek!! that is so horrible! im SO glad everything is ok.. i can't imagine!!

Eek as well to the idea that cracks keep cracking... i have a crack in the top corner of my tank... from a dumb move by the boyfriend.... but its been there for months with no problems... still now i'm scared!!

Ughh... that's terrible.. I can remember you telling everybody about the nightmare.. :( What an awful thing to happen, I can't imagine the chaos going on in there, you must have gotten such a shock! But I guess all's well that ends well. :)

OMG! I'm freaking out here......

Just a few min.'s ago, I made a post in this forum about a dream I had LAST NIGHT dealing with one of my rescue fish.... You can read the post if you want.... but the main part was that my fish came FLYING to me in the air......

It JUST NOW hit me that when I left home to come here to my parents house to use their computer---that I left my tank hood up after feeding my fish.... or at least I think I did..... did I?

Gonna go home asap.

Guest rosedawson318

I had i nightmare I woke up and all my fish where dead. I did. That morning one of my fish was dead. :krazy::cry1

Oh my gosh!!! that's horible!!!A tank that is more than 20 gallons, will crack if put on a carpet. There is nothing supporting the middle of the tank, and the pressure of the water can break the tank.

I'm sorry about waht happened to you! :blink:

Edited by jdude360

Guest Amanda

My blood pressue went up just reading about it. I hope I don't have bad dreams now. :(

I frequently award myself the "Darwin Award" when I change out water and forget the syphon is going - when I come back there are gallons of water on the floor. Forget about the carpet - I actually had fish lying on their sides without water too.

At least it wasn't your fault! :ignore

Good save- I'm very impressed both with your psychic abilities as well as your fast action under pressue. I'd give you both a captial E for effort. :grouphug