Need Advice About Driftwood

Athena

So guys here's what I'm debating on getting. I really want to put some fake plants into my tank that are attached to driftwood. They look like this:

http://www.bigalsonline.ca/catalog/categor...d2=;breadcrumb=

Do you guys think that this is safe to just put in the tank? Or do I have to boil it? If I boil it than the plants will probably fall off. I don't want to wreck it as it is expensive. Let me know! And thanks for the advice!

it looks like it is replica driftwood so i don't think you would need to boil it. i had one like this in my tank for quite a while and i soaked it overnight and then added it to my tank. i never had a problem with it. :) Good luck!!!

Those ornaments are replica driftwood, not the real thing, so there's no need to boil it (in fact you'll destroy it if you do).

Replica driftwood is much safer for your tank and looks just as good. Check that whichever one you buy is not hollow inside though. :)

Yep, fake driftwood is much better because real ones will give a yellowish tint to your water.

But I've seen on a book that they drilled fake driftwood and glued fake plants on the holes. Looks really nice and looks like grass has grown on them.

Archived