Popeye Treatment

Athena

Hi guys my goldfish Susie has popeye so I started her on Myacin. It's a 5 day treatment period. I started yesterday and the bubble around her eye went down. But, now I notice that there's a half circle shape under her pupil that is the colour of dark blood. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this happen?

The only time I had a problem was when my oranda started with Dropsy. Please don't panic, how is the fish acting?

I have not treated for Popeye, but I have heard others having problems with the swelling looking bloody. I think Toothless and Devs have both treated it. There was a thread a few months back.

Good luck.

She's fine. I caught it just in time. She's swimming around and still eating like a little pig. She got this illness because I only did two water changes in a month. I injured my back so I couldn't do it. But now my back's better so water changes will be done every week once again. I did do a 50% water change before the treatment though.

I've treated it. When Bella got it, I noticed the tell tale donut curlce around her eye, then later that day it was FULL of blood, completely filled with it. I treated her with Maracyn and Maracyn 2 for a week, and she was fine.

Archived