"chomps"

Devs

:D Well,by now,we've all heard of the "Infamous Chewy" I started it all.I bought Chewy & Boyfriend for myself,and when my completely planted tank disappeared in a mere week,I knew I was in trouble!!! In the months that I had Chewy she was growing like a weed,and I was running out of ideas as to where to keep her.That's where Heather came in. I talked her into Chewy...Told her she didn't keep live plants anyway....Showed her how sweet Chewy was. hee-hee-hee. Off Chewy went to Heather's house. Now don't get me wrong,I loved Chewy,I just love planted tanks also. Well Chewy has thrived at Heather's,and is loving it so much that she started laying clutches of eggs a couple times a week. My daughter then decides to go into the snail business,and buys a bunch of baby pretty colored Brig Apple Snails,who don't by the way eat plants. They were adorable!!!! I just had to have them! I took a purple,a chestnut,and a blue,and Chewy's babies were so darn cute that I let Heather :rolleyes: talk me into one. Chewy's baby was then named Chomps. This is what Chomps looked like two or three weeks ago.DSCF1288.jpg

And by the way, did anyone notice the floating duckweed? I got that off of Aquabid...It arrived the same day that Chomps did. If I recall right the guy sent me 3000 of those little duckweeds.The whole tank was totally covered...thick. Let's just say that there's about 99 pieces of duckweed left!!!!!!! :o:unsure::lol1 @ ~Devs~ !

You've got one cute snail. :D

I think duckweed is addicting for snails. I know I've got duckweed addicts, I had enough to cover about 1/4 of my tank and my 9 adults ate it all within a week. They're not even Canas either!

:heart Gorgeous snail Sharon :heart

Have you got any photos of the coloured Briggs your daughter bought :) I can only get Golden snails so I would love to see the different coloured ones you have :lol:

:D Selena,there's actually another thread I started about a baby chewy & more--Or chomps anfd more....Look in this post area--The three brigs I got from Heather along with chomp was posted. Of course those pics were taken a few weeks back -so theyre alittle bigger- I think their color is enhancing too. Heather also has a thread with them in somewhere

:D Here's a new pic of Chomps-It's not the clearest,but you can see the growth. I'm off work for a couple so Ill take better ones when I get time.------Chomps a month agoDSCF1288.jpg Chomps today...... :oDSCF1576.jpgDSCF1445.jpg

Chomps seems tamer than most to me. When I first got Chewy & Boyfriend,nether one of them did anything like that. Chewy eventually got friendlier,but I don't know "how friendly " she is now...She's too busy posing for Heather's camera,and dumping eggs all over the tank! :rofl

Archived