Yep, I'm Insane...

chellekins27

ok, it's official now... i'm officially insane. or as obsidian put it, i have OGD (obsessive goldfish disorder). i got the 29 gal. i put in an already cycled filter, bubble wand, cycled water from another tank, and topped it all off with treated water. so... status is, back to normal. and, to top it all off i found a small either lionhead or a ranchu, not sure which. so he is keeping the two baby pandas company in the new tank. whew!! what a night! time to release the pandas, off to see the b/f's new fish and then to bed! :D :D:D

i just have to say... i love my new tank!!! :D everyone is sooo happy!! and i think i may have stumbled on a chololate ranchu baby!!! :nana i've been trying to find one around here for months!! :rockon my b/f laughs at me, says i'm addicted, (maybe i am), but i can finally say that i have all the KINDS of fish i ever wanted! the ranchu was the last! woohoo!!!! :D i have to say, i was a little torn between the rauchu, the little black telescope pearlscale, and the tricolor telescope panda, but the ranchu def won my heart! bravo for Elmer's Aquarium!! no more fish buying for me! now i'm just going to watch them all get big and FAT!! :P *feeling silly for the exuberance*

had to share the joy...

Guest Leaca_tay

LOL! :D I'm glad I'm not alone; my BF says I'm obsessed and insane too! :lol: Oh well, he's got to put up with me. Love me, love my fish.

Congratulations, Chellekins!! I know the feeling all too well!!

There was just a thought entering my mind - If Jed and you ever make it to Elmers together, thats gonna be fish buying frenzy going on! :D

• Admin

Welcome to my little world........Now when I want to go the the LFS my hubby says before I get out of the care...."NO FISH" When you get to that point you know your in deep trouble :rofl

I feel your pain... and I'm glad that I am not alone. I just bought another tank. My third... in a one bedroom apartment. Used a cycled filter, two buckets of water from other tank... and Mad Eye has his new home. I went out to get a 12 gallon... came home with a 26 gallon. it's beautiful... and I'm SO happy. Will get one more fish and then I have to STOP! My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy... and so does my therapist! :) hahahaha

• Admin

But when is it enough? when will I stop craving for more fish, more tanks, will this ever stop or will I just pass on just thinking about the next goldfish I can place in that tank :rofl

It is very hard to stop once you are overtaken by the addiction!!

bbqvalefor, you paid a therapist 150 bucks an hour to tell you that?? Oh boy, next time come to me, I only charge $ 100! :rofl

I actually am so proud of my obsession... and the fact that I have a place to go to every day to learn more and I have these amazing living creatures in my house. Maybe my therapist is jealous... she needs a hobby!

I'll send her to koko's!

• 7 months later...
Guest fishyfishyfishy00
I actually am so proud of my obsession... and the fact that I have a place to go to every day to learn more and I have these amazing living creatures in my house. Maybe my therapist is jealous... she needs a hobby!

I'll send her to koko's!

:D im pretty much the same way....i have 3 tanks full of fish that i LOVE!!! im a fish freak and proud of it!!! :( my brother hunter killed one of my fish!!!! :( i hated him for like 2 weeks:( i miss my fishy...

Guest fishyfishyfishy00
I actually am so proud of my obsession... and the fact that I have a place to go to every day to learn more and I have these amazing living creatures in my house.  Maybe my therapist is jealous... she needs a hobby! 

I'll send her to koko's!

:D im pretty much the same way....i have 3 tanks full of fish that i LOVE!!! im a fish freak and proud of it!!! :( my brother hunter killed one of my fish!!!! :( i hated him for like 2 weeks:( i miss my fishy...

little brother that is.......he is really careless...sigh...that was the last time i ever ever EVER let him take care of my fishies

B) Where were you ladies 3 yrs. ago before I got married? My wife knows I'm obsessed, and I have to seek new fish in the house. If it were up to me, I'd have 5 tanks in every room :lol:

Guest fishyfishyfishy00
ah that is horrible! i hate younger siblings sometimes. how did he kill your poor fish?

he forgot to feed it!!!! :cry1

Archived