I Need Suggestions!

Guest puzzle365

Guest puzzle365

I had 2 goldfish in a twenty gallon tank. The water condition is perfect. Last week one of my goldfish started to get fungus growing on his fins and coming out his back end. I gave it medicine to try and get rid of it, but she died anyway. The lady at the pet store said that she had egg implantation disease and fin rot. As soon as I got back from the pet store I changed the water in the tank so that my other fish would not get sick. My other fish in the tank "Nemo" has always been very excited and swim around a lot. He would always rush to the top to eat all the food as fast as he could. For about a day now he is taking the food into his mouth and spiting it right back out. He also seems to be having spasms every few minutes when he swims. Two days ago I added another goldfish and a algae eater to the tank. The algae eater seems fine, but the other goldfish is gasping for air at the top of the tank. I have no idea what could be wrong with Nemo or my new goldfish. They are both having different symptoms. The whole time my other fish was sick Nemo was fine and perky. Once the fish died he stopped eating and stays near the bottom of the tank. If anyone could give me any advice I would appreciate it. :)

Hi there,

Can you describe the "fungus" growth a bit better. Colour, texture, cottonwool like, strands of hair, etc.

When you say your water is perfect, any actual readings on ammonia, nitrIte and pH?

What medicine did you use to treat the other fish? Did it have any effects?

What type of filtering and do you have any other aeration?

Can you please check the gills on both fish. What do they look like? Nice rich red colour or pale pink or brown? Nice fan shape or tattered or slimey?

Please post back soon. :)

Archived