Jump to content

Nitrite Nitrate


RedCapMiggi

Recommended Posts

  • Admin

Yes you do, nitrites are poisonous to goldfish at the 1.ppm range this comes after the ammonia in the tank. the bio bugs change the ammonia to nitrites both in fact are quite harmful to the fish.

nitrates are the last part of the cycle and can really only harm the fish at higher levels like 40-50ppms..... to get rid of this you need to do water changes or to help reduce them live plants. But over all water changes is the only way to get rid of them.

most test kits only come with Ph, ammonia, nitrites and Kg or Gh. the nitrates need to be bought separate :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...