Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milky

Bubble Eye Got Stuck To Intake Valve!

Guest Milky

Ok i have a 1" Orange and White Bubble eye named Mimzik...

I have a sea sponge over ther intake valve.. but it must of slipped...well Mimzik had both of his bubbles in the lines og the intake valve (regent HOB filter) and i hadnt been able to look at the tank for a good... 14 hours (sleep and work)

well She is beat up pretty badly.. all of her fins are shredded nearly to the base... i carefully got ehr bubbles out and the one is fine but the other is still inflated but looks kinda saggier than usual.

She has blood in her one eye (the bubble that is still normal looking) and is missing some scales and again with the shredded fins..

She is breathing heavy, and sits amoung some floating plants i have...

i put her in a 5g QT tank with salt and melafix.. the QT has been established for 13 months... She was in a 10g that has been running for 9 months... they are both cycled..

as for the questions .. Ammonia = 0 in both tanks, the temp is 75 in both tanks, ph is around 7.5. i do not have Nitrite or Nitrate tests, They both have REgent 5-15g 100gph filters on them; i do a 50% waterchange every 4-8 days, the 10g has 2 small orandas anda small comet (until i can get them in a 30g and the comet is goign to a pond in the spring) the bubble eye was in the 10g with the other 3 fish..

The tank had soem salt in it.. i only got the bubble eye a month ago ... i use Wardleys Chorline and Choramine water conditioner durign waterchangess; They eat wardleys flaoting pellets and Goldfish Crumbles;

Mimzik is staying near the top of the tank, siting ina mesh of floatign fake plants, her fins are really raggy, she is missing some scales, and she is breathign hard ..

I dosed the 5g QT tank with Melafix and salt.. what else can i do!!

i feel for you... lost a fish that way, but it seems that your fish is very healthy to have lived this long with what has happend... i think you are doing a great job, i can't think of much else you could do.. just keep the current down in the qt tank so that he/she can recoup... best of luck to you !

Guest Milky

:crp i saved Mimzik from nnnnnn a month ago..after walkign past him for 3 weeks..

he is really perky and eats great...

i dotn want him to die, so i am tryign to do all i can for him.. :(

Guest Milky

He acts like he cant really swim... just kinda laying on the plants, he can stay horizontal but doesnt swim, could that be his torn up fins?

i really wish i coudl do more.. any other meds or ideas on how to care for him?

Guest Milky

:( Well he isnt breathign as hard as he was... and the blood spot on his eye has gotten alrger and the bubble that looked normal is now looking deflated...

I feel so bad.. he was dragged throught the ringer..

Is there anything that i can do other than salt and melafix his QT tank? :ill

Milky I don't have much experience with bubble eyes, but I have heard after a episode like that it takes a little while before they heal. Keep her/him quiet and make sure she/he eats and keep us posted. I will let someone know if there is anything else you can do.

Guest Milky

She is still fighting.. her breathign is a little easier.. and she attempted to poke at a peice of food, but didnt eat it...

She now had a blood spot on her fins as well.. and the blood spot on ehr eye has taken up half her eye now..

:( i really worried about her.... do you think she will make it>?

I am hoping. Do you have any medicated food? This may help to ward off an infection. Something like medigold from gold fish connection???

Someone should be here soon with more advice.

I would also keep the tank quiet and dark as so she can rest.

Milky I was talking with another member and they said you are doing good. Get the intack covered back up and use Melafix at half doses.

There isn't much more you can do but then sit back and wait. Sometimes the sack will grow back. Let us know how things are going.

Guest Milky

i covered it with the same sponge but i used a rubberband tohold it in place...

i have it so that the current isnt strong..

why half doses of melafix?

As for melafix.. do i do a 25% waterchange everyday and add another dose or do i add another dose everyday, then on day 7 change the water 25%??

Do a dose every day for 7 days then do a water change of 30% on the 7th day. Make sure that the carbon is out of the filter but not the filter pad its self :D

Guest Milky

ok.. got ya..

i feel so sorry for her.. i jsut foudn out that nearly all her scales on ehr one side aremissing...

she is torn up pretty bad.. :(

im so sorry hun. I had the same thing happen to me too, its all just learning hun she will be okay..... :hug

Poor thing :( Happened to me before, and it was a scary experience. There's nothing much you can do other than keeping the water quality pristine, with melafix and salt as the others have advised. Has it started eating yet? If yes, it's a good sign. What you can do is feed nutritious food like dried shrimp (first thing that popped into my mind) to boost its strength. Have you hand fed the bubble eye? What I did with my ill bubble eye was to mix moist shrimp with some antibiotic food (in your case, medigold perhaps?), and cup the fish nearer to the water surface, and put the food close to its mouth. It will swallow it when it's well enough to eat. Good luck :ill

Oh Milky I am sorry to hear that. I know you tried so hard with her. Try and not feel guilty, these accidents happen.

You will be in my thoughts today.

Guest Milky

Her Warrently wasnt up yet so i took ehr back and got a new calico bubble eye..

I hope you have better luck with this one. Keep us posted.