Sign in to follow this  
lovemypets

Why Does This Happen?

I have Penguin 330's on all my tanks, and I really like them, BUT I have a problem with water flowing over the top of them back into the tank. So this is water that has not been through the filters. If I pull the filter things up some, it quits overflowing, but they slide back down. Does anybody else have this problem? Anybody have a remedy for it?

Your not the only one with this problem. Aside from sliding the

filter pads up a little, try cleaning them sooner than your normal

schedule has been. This seems to work for me. I've done the

slide up method too, but after a couple days, they have

acculated enough debris to slide back down. So, it's cleaning

time.

My penguin 330's always had some water flowing over the intake tube too. I kept it to a minimum by cleaning the cartridges often, and replacing them when they started causing water to overflow too soon after rinsing the cartridges.

What would be the use of sliding up the cartridges? Wouldn't the water just flow under them and avoid being cleaned, just as it would going out over the intake tube?

Another good hint guys. When your rinsing them take them and hit them against like the kitchen sink with the black piece on the bottom. This will help loosen the debris from the cartridge...i do this all the time and only have to replace the filter pads once every 2-3 months :D

I heard someone say when smacking them when they're wet doesn't help anymore, to let them dry out and then smack them and they'll be useable again. It's also good for taking out one's frustrations! :yeah: