Pet Store Worker...a Novice

eather.hey

My mom and I were at the LFS yesterday and they had these huge apple snails. They were like softball size and a subspecies I couldn't quite identify (same kind as Naughty, I think). Any way I'm staring at them trying to figure out their sex. I said something to my mom like, "if I knew they were a breeding pair, I'd probably buy 2 of them." The pet store worker asked me what I was doing. I told him I was trying to figure out their sex. He told me that ALL snails are both sexes. And I'm like, "ah, wrong, apple snails are either male or female." He asks me how you can tell the difference between a male and a female and I'm all like, "well, the males have a PENIS."

He walked away!

It was funny. Me and mom got a kick out of it.

:rofl Guess he asked for that one! You two are bad, you should have found him later and explained to the poor guy! :tomuch:

Do you really want a breeding pair - sounds like we have more than enough babies on this board of snails and fish! :blink:

Edited by Lachfa

Yeah, Lach, you gotta point there...but after the New Year I'm gonna start selling all my snail babies online. I'm either going to start my own website or auction them using Ebay and/or Aquabid. I'm just giving them away to my friends at Koko's...They'll be FOR SALE to anyone else! I'm trying to get different breeds and colors and species now to breed them in the future. Chewy has inspiried me. I'm a total snail freeeek. 22, I bought a tank JUST for snails (and my betta baby from Devs).

I can get your address...don't forget it. :krazy: heehee. I love scaring people by telling them I'm sending them snails!

I'd love a apple snail or Mystery snail, but ones that don't eat the plants down to the roots. I'm rather unsure about buying them though I looked through the differences. Chickened out and bought two rams........ :blink:

After I told my family your story, and my best friend, we all voted the guy skipped sex education, or slept through it! :D LOL!

• 2 months later...
Guest 20292

Do you have any snails left becuase i would like some if you would like to send some to me in Missouri!!! Tell me by e-mail:

rascalflattsfan@charter.net

Thanks!!!

Dean