Sign in to follow this  
Black oranda

Got Something Lol!

I got them!! :newfish there so intresting to watch there so cute!!!!

i must get pictures :D I got 2, and there so cute/

Edited by Black oranda

:D Congrats Alex! Khuli Loaches are really fun to watch.They're a liitle more sensitive than the weather loaches so you'll have to be very careful with their water params.They've been know to die rather easily. I had some years ago and always loved them. I actually saw some about a month ago,and almost bought them .They were real tiny though,and I couldn't figure out where to put them so I held off.. Good luck with your new guys.What tank are you keeping them in?

:D im keeping them in the 15 gallon tropical tank, oh and guess what!, my guppies just finish having more fry haha.

Good luck with them Alex. Lately a lot of people have been having trouble keeping them alive, so don't feel bad if they die on you. It seems this last year has been a bad one for kuhli loaches. One theory is all the hurricane weather down in Fl has screwed up things at the fish farms.

They do like to be in larger groups though, so you may want to get more at some point.

I didnt know what they were either at first :lol: Here's a pic:

kuhli-pic1.jpg

Congratulatioms Black Oranda on your :newfish !!!!!!! :D:D

:D Im plaing on getting a few more maby. Thanks for all the comments.. i'll try getting a picture with the web cam... but not today ill let them settle in alittle.

I wonder what i will name them lol.

Wow, thats a gorgeous loach!!....must keep eye out for them....must keep eye out for them..... :lol:

How big to these guys grow? Does anyone know? :)

Guest PearlscaleFan

They grow to be 10 cm (4 in) long, Ph:6-7.5, Minimum aquarium size: 10 gallons

Thanks pearscalefan. I was thinking they may be good with snails. When I upgrade my snail tank from a 20ltr to a 55 litre I would like to put a fish in there, either a betta or a couple of cories, but a kulhi loach might be ok....do they go with snails??

Alex, I just got two kuhli loaches last week, and they are so cute! I'm going to get some more--I want to have three in each tank. I wish they would stay out more though; mine hide most of the time.

Guest PearlscaleFan

Selena685-

I just came back from my LFS and they had some weird looking spiraly shaped snails with the kuhli's. They also had this baby ray in this 10 gallon tank, If I could choose between the two I would go for the kuhli's :)

:D yup im off to get another one hehehe, ya there always hideing most of the time... there so cute playing togther.There hideing behind the terra cotta plant pot most of the time in the corner.

My Kuhli loaches are with my trumpet snails :) they do well.

Selena685-

I just came back from my LFS and they had some weird looking spiraly shaped snails with the kuhli's. They also had this baby ray in this 10 gallon tank, If I could choose between the two I would go for the kuhli's :)

This is very exciting news :lol: Thanks very much for the info ;)

How big are your trumpet snails Black Oranda? I heard they get up to 7cm :o

Mine are about up to about 1.5 maby 2 inches... the kind i have don't grow all that big i must take pictures sorry guys :( didn't have time again i have so much to go here Maby on my 2 weeks off lol