Sign in to follow this  
technogold

New Tank 120gal Yea!

We just picked up my christmas present, it is just as much for my guys as for me, 120 gallons worth of goldish heaven. My 4 big guys and one lady (1 comet 4 commons) needed more room, they have definately outgrown their 55 gallon current digs. All my guys are between 6 and 8 inches and very happy and healthy, the new tank will help keep them that way.

The 10 gallon rule is a great guideline but there comes a point where even that is pushing the envelope. My guys started as tiny feeders and have grown very fast, pro-gold is amazing stuff.

Anyway I will soon have an empty 55 gallon tank and stand, glass covers etc. It seems a shame to just put it in the garage when so many fish could use a bigger home. I live in the London, Ontario Canada area and would love to talk to someone looking for a bigger (only 2 year old) tank.

P.S. I think we are also getting a Filstar XP3 cannister filter unit. Any advice on cannister filters would be appreciated, I have 2 penguin 330 filters on my 55 and I don't know a thing about cannisters.

Edited by technogold

Congratulations on your new tank. 120 gal. is awesome!

I would turn the 55 into a tropical tank. :)

Congratz on the new tank sheesh it must be great to have a 120 gallon.You could sell the other tank or add some diiferent type of fish in it if you have room. :D

Guest Me, Man. You, Fish

WOH! ThaT IS A LOT OF GALLONS!1 CONGRADULATIONS ON THAT PURCHASE

lol jess.

I'm going to be in London on Christmas day. However no room for a 55 gal. Otherwise I'd literally be there in 3 hours to buy it. hehe.

Barb

haha... perhaps I'll be standing right next to you and not even know it!

Barb