What To Feed

MaudlinBlithe

I began with my goldfish, uh... back around august and since then have been feeding goldfish falkes (also veggies too).

I have been reading alot at kokos and have noted that many people love pellets. So I bought a small can and tried.

A disaster! I soaked them first, and in the water bowl I soaked them in got all cloudy. Furthermore, I didn't want to dump them in all at the same time, because I soaked so many, that I knew there was too much for all of my GF to eat at once....So I tried to pick some of them out of the bowl I was soaking them in-- and they fell apart in my hands.

How do you guys use pellets? is there an easier way? I need to buy more food tomorrow, so any advice would be helpful!

Also, when I use fish flakes, it seems like I have less left over food, because I pinch it in between my thumb and forfinger. most of my fish come up to eat from my hand, but for the fish who are not hand tamed, I let some peices fall out of my thumb anf forefinger to feed them. With fish flakes, this makes less mess for me than pellets. I tried this with the pellets and I couldn't hand feed at all because they would break apart and turn into minisucle peices that the fish couldn't eat....

Help?

I actually only soaked them for one minute.....roughly....

hmmm. does anyone know of any good brands that "hold up" better?

today I was gonna buy wardleys floating pellets (they first kind I bought was wardleys slow-sinking pellets-which I HATED) but I figured I should wait for a reply from people in here.

i don't just use one type of food, every other day they get something different ya know. and i am useing top fin floating pellets and they hold up real well... along with wardley's flakes, and wardley's worms every now and again...But i think i want to try hikari that stuff seems to work well... i have heard good things about it...

Cheers

i feed crumbles. they are great only need a small bit as they axpand alot in the water i do soak mine for atleast 3 mins, and they are by wardley just called crumbles, they are great as they dont discolour the water, and are very easy and i find much better then flakes, as you feed less. :D

Oh.... I just thought I was supposed to soak them, so that they don't expand in the digestive system and push against the already crowded organs in the goldfish--like the swim bladder. I read that here on kokos. Also, I read to soak so that the peelets are not floating--that way they will sink and the goldfish will not gulp air at the surface of the aquarium that would further lead to crowding the organs.

what do you think?