Surprise!

eather.hey

Ooh, you're lucky to raise 37 fry! Well done! I'm sure lots of people want cute little fishies. How exciting with those color changings!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My fry went thru a "panda" coloring too. They went from the baby green color, to dark blue or black, to a "splotchy" black and white, to white, then they started getting their true colors. All of mine have done this but Spud, he's the only one who stayed blue. Solo is now white and orange, I think Tangeray is the father there! Get some new pics H! :D

Guest 20292

Hey!!! IF you are still looking for good homes for some of those fry, then i have a 10 gallon and a five gallon tank that i would like to place some baby fry in. It also depends on where you live of corse!!!! Please contanct me ASAP!!!!!!!!! I will some notice so somebody can be home when they arrive and know what to do with them!!!!!!!

DEAN

• 1 month later...

I had a bad fish shipping experience, so I'm leary on shipping fish. I'm cool with shipping snails, but fish, I'd rather not.

I met a couple at the bar I work at that is going to take all of them for their 1600 gallon pond. I just have to get them big enough before the fall. Right now their fish would eat them.

I currently have 15 left. I had to cull some because of bent backs. You may shun me from Koko's, but I fed them to my turtle. I figured at least that was instant and more natural. It did make me kind of icky feeling though.

I just put the fry into a 45 gallon pop-up pond that my mom bought me. The water is so cold, but they made it through the night. Before I put them in there, I took a few pics.

5-11-05007.jpg

one of the little shubunkins

5-11-05014.jpg

5-11-05021.jpg

5-11-05023.jpg

5-11-05006.jpg

OOOOOOOohhh! How cute! :D All those frys in different colors... it's the cutest I've ever seen...

Guest yabbie

I can't believe you started with 37 and didn't lose any. Well... apart from the cull-by-turtle. At least the turtle was happy.

I had the same bacterial problems as Old Hag (I've had 50% sucessful repair rate by giving infected fry one minute salt baths btw, Old Hag, if you ever raise fry again - I don't know if that is right... but there is a 100% death rate if you do nothing).

Anyway, Heather, you must have perfect conditions to get them all thru the fry stage without losing any. Well done.

Guest azfishyfishy

Just to let you know.. All the bronze(green) ones will probably change color to orange(or white). All goldfish (except calicos - they start out white) are bronze then turn orange(or white), some sooner than others. During the decoloring phase, they will turn black and then slowly change colors... This is why panda and oriole(red&black) goldfish almost always turn all white or all red.... they just decolor alot more slowly than other goldfish breeds.

Archived