Sign in to follow this  
FishFace

I Had To Euthanise My Fish

Well first my cat attcekd him over thanksgiving and since then my fish has been slowly deteriorating. He has been floating for over a week but still breathing, also the wounds inflicted by my cat seem to have gotten infected and all his fins are turning red and black with blood. My fish could no longer even move, just float and breathe. So, I made the decision to put him out of his misery... :cry1

For those who disagree with my decision, please do not make this harder than it already is

Guest Kameira

:cry1 Awwww! So sorry!

I'd feel really awful if I had to put my fish to sleep. :crp

You must really miss him. I think you did the right thing, if he was suffering that badly.

:hug

i had to do that recently too. sorry hun :hug

There is nothing to disagree with. It is a tough decision we all have to make at some point in time. You did your best for your fishy friend and relieved his sufferings. May he rest in peace. :heart

So sorry to hear, i feel for you, having to do the same twice in the last couple of weeks. You did the right thing. And sorry again..

what did you do to the goldfish? toilet? hammer? bury it alive? :[ sometimes its best for them NOT to suffer. you did the right thing, euthanasia.

I'm sorry to hear you had to take the final step, I had been following your posts and hoping for the best.

It sounds like you did the right thing, as hard as it must have been.

:cry1

Robin

That so sad you had to do that. You did the right thing not to let him suffer anymore. So sorry :rip:

I'm sorry about your fishy. Your making the right decision. It's no good to allow your fish to suffer. I'm sorry for your loss :cry1:tou

I think my cat did get his punishment, he seems to be developing arthritis in one of his front legs