any other good water changers other than python?

Tonytank

To add to my great week with my fish, see my other post to know what I mean, I just tried to do the first water change today, and my python wont work in my new house. The water pressure just isnt strong enough to create the vacuum it needs to suck the water out, it will fill it, very slowly but it does fill it, but it just wont vacuum.

so does anyone have any suggestions for another kind of vacuum.......i really dont wanna get back into the ole suck and fill buckets but I guess i have to

:thud

Guest Luke Anderson

Lee's Ultimate Gravel Vac i beleive is supposed to be deccent, but its also supposed to be almost the same as the python system.

Guest Sapphyra

i've got the ultimate gravel vac. our water pressure around here sucks too! it seems to work well enough. sometimes it takes some fiddling around with, but it _will_ suck the water up pretty well once it starts.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I pump my water in the tanks with a cheap powerhead from nnnnnn (around 19 bucks), and it does a fine job. That pump would work as well to pump water OUT of the tank, I guess....

Pump and a piece of garden hose or plastic tubing is all you need, and a clamp to hold them together! :hi

Archived