72 members have voted

1. 1. Size

• 3"
    • 5"
    • 6"
    • 7"
    • 8"
    • over 8"

Oh, I hope my black moore grows as big and pretty as yours Toothless.

Both are beautiful fish but Shaggy is really something. :heart

Guest squeeker

My biggest is Cleo, she's about 3" including tail. My smallest is Barbosa, he's only 3/4" from head to tail!

:D 'm with everyone else Toothy!!!! I adore Shaggy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart:heart

Guest Rat Diva

I finally measured Sunny, my common GF who is just about 6 years old now. nose to tail he's about 7" long.

not bad for a fish who started out in a betta vase and nearly got flushed this summer :huh:

I also have two pretty big silver dollars. Shrek is about 5" and Fiona is just a bit smaller, but way less meaty than the GF

Edited by Rat Diva

:heart Madly in love with Toothless' moor. He so handsome!

My biggest is Calliope, she's about 4 inches. Mary (the common) was about 6.

All right now, back off everyone, I saw Shaggy fist! :rofl

My biggest fish is Bling Bling 5 1/2 inches> he is the biggest one in my signiture photo :heart

Edited by selena685

10-12 inches??? whoa!  i got to say, that is huge.  a 20 gallon tank to that fish is like nothing. :)

:blink: i agree , he needs to be going into the pond this spring.

wow some of you guys have HUGE fish! I have a mostly white common whos a scant 7.5 inches, ditto for my calcio common with fantail genes. Got a orange comet that may be a bit over 8" but alot of him is tail so hes not really that huge. Now that those guys are in bigger tanks, I hope they will hit the 12" barrier soon :D

Sorry for resurrecting this older thread, but I haven't posted here in quite some time but wanted to contribute again. . .

That said, my common GF, Ping Pong (rock eating fish) has grown tremendously since I last posted. Ping Pong is ~ 12 to 14" from snout to tail. I've had to seperate PP from the rest of my tank because PP started feeding on the eyeballs of my white and red fantail. :angry:

I've had PP for about 3 1/2 years and she has grown about 10 to 12". More than I could have ever expected. I fed PP Pro Gold and Spirulina as a staple diet along with green peas and romaine lettuce.

I'll post a picture soon.

I have a 3 yr fancy tail who is about 10 inches from nose to tail. He runs neck and neck with one of my 3 year old koi. I've never handled them, maybe I should start, so I can get a good picture with a ruler!!

--nmt

My biggest guy is Carrot Top, he is 5" nose to tail, and a sarasa comet. He was 1" long in August, and is growing like a weed! I wish I could post some pics, I'm very proud of him. :D

Robin

Edited by KYskipjack

I didn't realize commons had barbels. Sure that's not a koi?

I measured my goldies last nite and the big moor, Lumpy is about 10 inches long now. The babies I got last year are catching up. Bugsy the moor is 8", Stripe the ryunkin is 7" and Coco, the chocolate oranda is a little under 7".

Goldies041224.jpg

My biggest is my common Charlie He is 11.possibly 11 1/2 from nose to tail tip/ There is pictures of him on my webpage. but Ummmm I cant seem to locate the web addy, Due to a lost bookmarks in my favorites. When I find Ill post for yall to see He did win pic of the week back in 2003 When I fist got here , But that was on the old board. :)

I didn't realize commons had barbels. Sure that's not a koi?

I didn't think commons had barbels as well, but they grew as she got larger. Ping Pong started off yellow then turned orange color.

Guest sourmilknightmares

That's definately a koi. Commons, or any goldfish for that matter, don't have barbels. Only Koi do. Also, koi are built a little differently than goldies. Compare a picture of Ping Pong to the commons on this site: http://www.bristol-aquarists.org.uk/goldfi...mmon/common.htm You can definately see a difference in the way the two fish are built. A common of that size would be very thick in the girth area. Did you get her from a feeder tank? Sometimes koi culls will end up getting mixed in with the feeders.

Edited by sourmilknightmares

wow thats some impressive fish , how long does it take for ranchus to grow ?

That's definately a koi. Commons, or any goldfish for that matter, don't have barbels. Only Koi do. Also, koi are built a little differently than goldies. Compare a picture of Ping Pong to the commons on  this site: http://www.bristol-aquarists.org.uk/goldfi...mmon/common.htm You can definately see a difference in the way the two fish are built. A common of that size would be  very thick in the girth area. Did you get her from a feeder tank? Sometimes koi culls will end up getting mixed in with the feeders.

Really, she's a koi. . . how disappointing. All this time I thought I had a huge GF. My friend won Ping Pong at a carnival for my soon to be born daughter. It was at a "Goldfish" booth, so it's possible PP was in a feeder group. I didn't know they were mixed up in feeder groups like that.