Sign in to follow this  
Guest spyhawk

Building Your Own Tank Cost

Guest spyhawk

I was thinking today (dreaming) about a 250 gallon tank. I'm sure the cost of a tank that size would be anywhere between 800 and 1200 dollars. Thats just for the tank. I have visited the GARF web site where you put in your measurments that you would like your tank to be. For the size I want I would have to use 1/2 inch thick glass. What would the cost be for the D.I.Y. compared to buying a a exspensive 1000 dollar tank? Has anyone tried this before? Thanks

Dunno. Call around to the glass places in your area and see how much the glass would cost. That'd be the major expense right?

you can score a 220g tank from pet supermarket for $650 or a 180 one for $499. I may just get that 220g beast if I cant find any super huge ~500 gal tanks for under $3000. $3 per gallon is a great price for huge tanks, many companies want $5-7 a gallon for super huge tanks.

it is ideal for the cost of the tanks. if you HAVE the materials or that youre a welder of glass, you can make the tank at little expense..