Sign in to follow this  
coyote ugly

Goldfish Fry

I have 7 goldfish fry 4 weeks old in a 5 liter tank with no filter just aeration.I'm upgrading their tank with filter and all but could they possibly survive a 100% water change or should I put the water that they're in to now?please give me some advice.I really want these babies to survive :please

Guest starsmom

I would transfer some of the water in with them to the new tank. Better safe than sorry!

Laura

best do that. maybe use 25% new and 75% old. that should be ok. good luck! :D

what if it's more like 90% new and 10% old? :( I've been keeping them in a very small tank and even if I put all the old water in there it will not be enough to fill their new tank which is 10 gallons.At the time their in a 1 gallon tank.they are growing rapidly and there is just not enough room for them anymore.I guess I'd be risking their lives....I don't know what do......please help :(

it doesnt matter if the tank isnt completely full the first time round. just keep adding little bits every couple of days. they just need enough to cover their body really so just add small bits to let them adjust to the new water gradually. :)

thanks a lot!!! :) I really appreciate it.I was so worried I'd kill them I decided to move them when they're much bigger.But now I know what to do :D thank you so much!!!!

When I brought mine in from the pond I put them in a few inches of pond water - then added a little water everyday using an air hose to syphen (sp?) it. This was very gradual and the water temp and all changed gradually.

I've done it!!They are now in their new tank.I hope this turns out well. :( I was missing one fry though so I've only got six left.I was wondering what happened to that fry.It's no where to be found.Is it possible that they ate it? :unsure: