Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

*screams*

:heart how lovely :heart . if i was living in the U.S i would be screaming to :crazy: are you going to bid??

Yes sorry, you need to click on the link.

I never though I'd say this, but I WISH I was in the U.S. heeheehee.

I live in Canada, and even if I could convince them to somehow ship me that bad boy, I have no place to put it!!

I need to buy a house where I can dig a humungo pond.

Jessica

Yes sorry, you need to click on the link.

I never though I'd say this, but I WISH I was in the U.S. heeheehee.

I live in Canada, and even if I could convince them to somehow ship me that bad boy, I have no place to put it!!

I need to buy a house where I can dig a humungo pond.

Jessica

Hey, what's wrong with the US? LOL. I thought that was cute the way you said that!! :rofl

Sometimes I can be a bit slow on the uptake. :rofl

I agree that is a beautiful fish, very exotic, almost too beautiful to be real.

how many gallons does a koi need in a tank or can you only keep them in a pond?

Guest sourmilknightmares

Ponds are definately the best thing for koi. They can be kept in a tank but it has to be a huge one and even then they don't act very happy.

That's funny that they are called Dragon-Fin koi because I was looking at him and thinking "Huh, that little devil looks like a dragon." Does he remind anyone else of an Eastern Dragon? I think it's his barbs and flowly fins that make me think of a dragon.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, I want one, too!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe we can arrange a road trip to NYC :rofl

A road trip is a must! =oD I need to start digging (for the pond) LOL. I wish ;o)

Heather, I just love Canada very much, I didn't mean anything bad about the U.S. heehee

Jessica

These long-finned koi are actually making a huge splash all over - there were hundreds of these babies at the fall goldfish and koi show here in the MidWest this past fall. They come in all colors - that white one is really gorgeous.

Koi cannot live in a tank, except very small ones and then only for a winter over or so.

The best fish in the long-finned koi category was a gorgeous sparkly scaled Kohaku that was over 16 inches long. It was a beauty!

These fish were originally not taken seriously by many of the koi purists there in the past few years, but this year there were so many available to purchase and entered in the show that many started seriously looking into them. There are long finned and some with double butterfly tails! My friend Tony has a 3 footer white one with a spectacular butterfly long tail - and it did not even win!

Truly a thing of beauty. I bet if you attend a show or two, you should find fine youngsters to purchase that you do not have to pay shipping on.

:)

Daryl, thanks so much for the info. Your friends fish sounds like an absolute beauty!!

I don't think we have Koi shows around here. I'm in Ontario Canada, but I will ask around and keep my eyes peeled!

Actually we must have shows somewhere! *resolves to find out*

I must have a fish like that. However, I must have a pond first LOL.

Jessica

Thats a lovely white butterfly koi, just the color you love. However Those things need like 1000 gallons each and they can grow 3 feet easy. Imagine a tank big enough for those guys and itll cost an arm and leg for such a big tank or you can buy a shovel and get digging :rofl

Wow. I don't have any koi, but that is one GORGEOUS fish!

1,000 gallons each??? sniff sniff sob! I don't think I'll ever be able to have one :(

that's scary though. The pet shops around here sell koi all the time... I bet most of the ones that are bought go into aquariums to small.

One time, I WAS going to resuce one though. He had a busted mouth-his jaw was crooked.... I wonder if that poor guy is still at walmarts---without a proper home :(

Kois are truly beautiful. I was in Hong Kong this summer, and went to Ocean Park. There was a pond with these really beautiful koi. And there was a goldfish room, the goldfish were so big.

I wish i had such beautiful fish. (my fish are still small)