Now I'm Wondering Again...

eather.hey

The saga continues...

Long story short: Chewy had eggs, some of them hatched (I only know by the broken open eggs.) I found babies in my filter. Took about 25-30 babies and put them in my 5 gallon. These snails don't look like apple snails. Erika showed me a pic of her baby apple snail, did look similar to mine. Was watching the babies today and I think I saw eggs. Reminded me of cory eggs, clear, small clutches, UNDER water, mostly near the bottom of tank. These can't be apple snails! Do those tiny little pests snails lay eggs that look like this? Even when they're that small? Do I have a dang nursery set up for pests snails and not my beloved Chewy's babies? Searched the web for info on pest snails. Found nothing. What is the species of those tag-along snails that come into your tank on plants? Applesnail.net has really been no help with id'ing these snails.

Any ideas, suggestions, websites?

If I'm nursing some nuisance snails, boy am I gonna be peeved.

I have apple snails promised out to like 5 people! Do I even have apple snail babies?

P.S. Chewy is laying eggs again as I write this, she scared the crap out of me when I went to feed my fish! Maybe I will isolate these eggs to make sure we have Chewy x Boyfriend and Chewy x Junior babies for real this time!

I'm so confused?!

Snails are driving me crazy!!! I have trumpet snails buried in my cory tank gravel! No matter what,I cant seem to get rid of them.They are so tiny.In that same tank,I think I also haveramshorn in there and mystery snails which is what you may have...No not from me.Those plants came from a snail-free tank!!! :lol: Anyway,check out this site-it may help you identify your snails.! :rolleyes:Snail Species

Snails are driving me crazy!!! I have trumpet snails buried in my cory tank gravel! No matter what,I cant seem to get rid of them.They are so tiny.In that same tank,I think I also haveramshorn in there and mystery snails which is what you may have...No not from me.Those plants came from a snail-free tank!!! :lol: Anyway,check out this site-it may help you identify your snails.! :rolleyes:Snail Species

The only plants I've had were from you (couple pieces of anacharis and a moss ball). So if they didn't come from you, they must be baby Chewy's!!! But they don't seem to have that trap door that apple snails have. This is driving ME crazy!

Well,let's put it this way, I've never seen a snail in the goldie tank yet..... :unsure: I mean hey,there's a very slim chance that they're in there and I haven't spotted them....I do use the Gravel vac in all the tanks,but I really try to rinse it well,so I don't get snails in every other tank...So far,I think I've managed to keep them out of all the main goldie tanks.....I wouldn't let it drive you crazy.......and if by some freak of nature it happened......ummm....(sorry) :donthit: k?

I really don't care about the snails themselves! I just want to know if these are Chewy's babies!!! They don't look like Chewy or any other snail I've seen. They don't look much like those snails you have in your cory tank...they are true "mystery" snails. Some of them do seem to be bigger than your "pond snails...ect." already, which makes me think there are Chewy genes in them. The only thing that I'll be upset about is the five gallon nursery that I've set up for them. If these turn out to be pond snails of some sort instead of apple snails and I'm feeding them the finest cuisine, and watching them carefully, then I'll be a little peeved. Like I said, I'm not concerned if snails did sneak into my tank...I'm just dying to find out if these kids are Chewy's offspring.

What about the snail eggs? Do your misc. snails lay eggs that look like I described? Kinda like cory eggs? Teeny little spots on the inside of the glass? There isn't a plant or decoration in that 5 gal. though, they'd be forced to lay the eggs on the glass.

Well, I guess I'll find out in a few months when they get bigger, or well, if they don't get bigger. :huh:

:unsure: Are you talking seperate little eggs? What color? When snails first hatch-some of them are so tiny,that they do look like seperate little eggs themselves on the sides of the tank. When my pest snails lay eggs,they're in little masses-kind of remind you more of frog eggs or something -all in one little gel form.Know what I mean?

:D Hey,here's another little interesting site that gives you a whole other perspective on pest snails.The article itself-Snail Pests is interesting on the left theres seperate areas to go into to id snails. If you really wanna read click on the family tree of freshwater snails. !wow!!! 40,000 different freshwater species!!! some aquarium snails are on that of course! :D I found it all quite interesting-the only thing is that first page didnt want to show me pics-had to go into the Snail area itself.Pest Snails?

Okay, so I'm dumb. I actually had to see a apple snail baby to know that 98% of the baby snails I have are NOT apple snails. Today I found true, baby apple snail. An exact replica of their parents. I *think* the other snails are ramshorns. So I have about 25-30 ramshorns and 2 baby apple snails. What ever am I gonna do with all those ramshorns?

Archived