Sign in to follow this  
zebsmom

Guess What My Lfs Had!

BioSpira.. Yay!!!! It was refidgerated!!!! I went looking and asked!!! vvvvv doesn't carry it or even know what it is ,but my LFS Incredipet had it!!!! :rockon

I've been struggling with my tank since putting my fish in it...It was cycled fine or so I thought and boom it crashed after putting my fish in.... have been having to do water changes almost daily to keep nitrites to a safe level... in some instances I have had to change twice in one day...it's been horendous... so i wnet looking to, at least, get some more cycle if they didn't have the bio spira. Boy I hope this kicks it in gear these poor fish don't need all this stress....

I'm really happy for you!! :yay: ...but what is BioSpira?? Is that the stuff you can put in you filter to speed the cycling process???

Guest sourmilknightmares

Bio Spira is awesome! It's practically an instant cycle! I used it once and loved it!

Congrats on finding it Zebsmom!

Thanks I am sooo hoping this evens everthing out and gets it all settled for my fishies sake.... I bought some aquariam salt while I was there too in case things don't straighten out sooon so it might help ease the stress on them a bit...I am not sure if I should go ahead and add some now or if it will mess the BioSira up... that little packet was 12 bucks...but hopefully well worth it...we shall see....

Edited by zebsmom

I think i will put Bio Spira on my shopping list. Hopefully I can get it in Australia, if not I hope i can find something similar :)

Great! Just remember with biospira you don't want to do water changes until it is established, or you'll just be throwing out the bacteria. You probably will be fine just going a couple of weeks since your tank isn't brand new, but it will take a little while for the bacteria to colonize the surfaces.

Hey Selena, we don't get it in Australia. They can't make the stuff fast enough to satisfy US demands so export is out of the question atm.

The next best thing which I swear by is "New & Improved Cycle".