Last Chewy Topic

eather.hey

I took the slimers out to size them up for Lach. I'm sorry if ya'll are sick of seeing my snails!

This is the first pic I tried to take. Chewy and the Jr. wouldn't even stop mating for the photo...and by the way, Jr. IS NOT the snail she was mating with in the other pictures!

Notice my feet and my dog's foot in the pic...lol.

post-2023-1100515774.jpg

Chewy and Boyfriend got big from eating all of my mom's plants in her planted tank. Once I took them off of her hands...well, I really just feed them any fruit of veggie that I have around the house, plus the occasional shrimp pellet, algae wafer, or piece of pro-gold that the fish miss. Here's a quick list of foods I've tried: lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, watermelon, grapes, apple, carrot, celery, brussel sprouts, peas...like I said, whatever I happen to have around the house. And I pretty much feed them every day. I have multiple chip clip thingys that I stick the fruits and veggies in and just drop them in the tank. They'll eat 1 whole baby carrot over night. The ONLY thing their not too fond of is celery, which doesn't really have much nutritional value in it any way.

They look like Cannas thats why they are big...I may be wrong Donya will know she is a mod in applesnail.net and what I would class as a snail expert and if they are they can get as big as a baseball :blink: I dont have these in my small tanks I only have the much smaller Brigs..Linda

I just registered at applesnail.net. I've been there a million times and never noticed they had a forum! (Black oranda registered right before me btw, lol). The differences are so subtle...but I agree with you on the fact they are cannas.

Guest hamstaman

ya more likley cannas.. gerat snail tho!!!

cannas because they love eating planted tanks more then brigs.. plus the angles of their shells are sorta curved.. indicating they are cannas :) lol

Archived